New Dune Movie is NO MORE!

jasonspaz

Sad that no new Dune property created.

But happy because no way they could have topped miniseries in a 2 hour movie.

Just finish the damn miniseries. Make GEoD, Heretics and Chapterhouse. Of course with scifi channel no longer being scifi, I'm not sure who would do it.

Just finish the damn miniseries. Make GEoD, Heretics and Chapterhouse. Of course with scifi channel no longer being scifi, I'm not sure who would do it.

I don't think they'd succeed with that. The "Children" miniseries were already below the first miniseries, and I seriously doubt anyone could do a decent version of GEoD in that format.

We should just make the GeoD miniseries ourselves, like the Star Trek fans who make new Star Trek movies.

I take it you're not familiar then with the amateur Dune film that was being created by a group of Spanish fans a few years back?

That the Herbert parasites squashed because it came to light around the time they were negotiating with Paramount over the rights for this PoS project, that has now met its proper end.

I'm quite pleased with this news. :)

Screw KJA and screw the Herbert/Merritts. And Rubinstein and his little dog Toto, too.

• Upvote 1

Whether good or bad, I always find it interesting to see someone's take on the story, particularly with regards to visuals, costume/set design, etc. So on that note, I find this news unfortunate.

But I'll always have my DVD of the David Lynch version...

It's sad news.

I think the best strategy would be to have a film set in the Dune Universe that doesn't take place in the books. Use it as a background to paint a new story that can be better placed in Film.

I know this might not be the best example, but Pitch Black was a good introduction to the Chronicles of Riddick universe. If we were just dumped into that universe it really wouldn't work out. While I'm a personal fan of the Chronicles of Riddick, most critics and the box office wasn't. However Pitch black is considered to be a pretty damn good, cool, and unique sci fi film.

You can not make dune into a comprehensible two hour film, You can use the universe to make something of your own.

I think the best strategy would be to have a film set in the Dune Universe that doesn't take place in the books. Use it as a background to paint a new story that can be better placed in Film.

I know this might not be the best example, but Pitch Black was a good introduction to the Chronicles of Riddick universe. If we were just dumped into that universe it really wouldn't work out. While I'm a personal fan of the Chronicles of Riddick, most critics and the box office wasn't. However Pitch black is considered to be a pretty damn good, cool, and unique sci fi film.

You can not make dune into a comprehensible two hour film, You can use the universe to make something of your own.

I have very serious doubts that this scenario would work out, with all the executive meddling the HLP are notorious for...