Weak Harkonnen units (Inkvine, Flame Tank)

gunner154

hmmm.... well almost everytime when i hear *wormsign* it means i can start building another harverster..... cuz my carryalls love to pick the harvesters up and drop em right in front of the worm  :'(

and i think laser tanks are pretty good vs. worms.... they can outrace the worm and shoot it down in a couple of seconds

Yep, but the only problem with that strat is that it takes a good amount of fundage (what 3500?for only one) to keep it effective. Also, you'll need other units to back it up (the dev may be the the machine army, but its still needs some help), toss in 2-3 assaults tanks to soak up damage, 1-2 buzzsaws or flame tanks for infantry problem, and at least two missile tanks for vehicles.

yeah.... you just have to watch out that the advanced carryall doesn't get killed.... when the devastator has become elite you only need the carryall to move the devastator close to the enemy... you do not have to drop it near the enemy minotour as you had to do before cuz the range of the devastator has increased.

Devastator range increases on reaching elite? I thought their elite bonuses were: Att upgraded (twice), self-repair, more armour. Something to test out...

Onto related matters:

"you'll need other units to back it up (the dev may be the the machine army, but its still needs some help), toss in 2-3 assaults tanks to soak up damage, 1-2 buzzsaws or flame tanks for infantry problem, and at least two missile tanks for vehicles. "

What happened to the infantry? Light Infantry and Troopers would make excellent support here (Sardaukar and Fremen are even better). Throw in engineers to shorten supply lines (i.e. build a barracks after capturing a structure so that infantry are available on the spot). Remember, light infantry and troopers are cheap and quick to build, yet powerful in large numbers provided you keep away Inkvine (the infantry groups can handle Flame Tanks in small numbers and Flamethrower infantry).

Inkvine can boost Gun Turret effectiveness against infantry. Inkvine patches are flammable. Gun Turrets can ignite Inkvine:

Enemy infantry is shooting your Gun Turrets when some Inkvine kills them. Replacements fill in the spot. Gun Turrets ignite Inkvine patch - all infantry die horribly fast. If enemy is dumb, more infantry walk into flames as they are only told to attack the Turrets and not ordered to stop.