Dune Tattoo

exatreide

I recently just received my third tattoo a nice platypus wearing a top hat and a monocle. I have two others.

Now I'm thinking of maybe possibly getting a Dune tattoo. Since dune is just full of quotes and loveable things like that, thats the direction I was going for.

The obvious choice is the Litany against fear. Or part of it

However, I'm also fond of the

"Here lies a toppled god.

his fall was not a small one

we did but build his pedestal

a narrow and a tall one. "

But I'm interested any other suggestions you might have, Please nothing from Brian Hack Job Herbanderson.

Now I'm thinking of maybe possibly getting a Dune tattoo. Since dune is just full of quotes and loveable things like that, thats the direction I was going for.

The obvious choice is the Litany against fear. Or part of it

However, I'm also fond of the

"Here lies a toppled god.

his fall was not a small one

we did but build his pedestal

a narrow and a tall one. "

But I'm interested any other suggestions you might have, Please nothing from Brian Hack Job Herbanderson.

Well, the decision pretty much depends on what you want to express, I suppose. Pick a quote that you think fits your character best, regardless of changes of mood. Or maybe something that will cheer you up whenever you look at it. Honestly, I don't know. If you want something cool, then probably a quote in Fremen (or any other of the exotic languages of Dune) is a way to go.

I think "Paul was born on Caladan" would be cool.

If you really want to express support for the Orthodox Herbertarian agenda, then maybe an expression in Fremen would suit better ;) For example:

La taghfir abadan! La tansa abadan! "Never forgive! Never forget!"

Kutub al-ibn (hiya) mutadariba maa kutub al-ab! "(The) books of the son [she=they] are inconsistent with (the) books of the father!"

(Both taken from the thread I linked to above, and all thanks to SandChigger's efforts to enhance the Fremen conlang).

• 4 months later...