Harkonnen Defences - not sustainable?

nemafakei

I'm not saying Harkonnen infantry are not effective. I love their light infantry, flamers can wipe out lots of Anti-Vehicle infantry rapidly and Troopers are a cheap way of getting Anti-Air power. But they're all so slow, especially the flamer and there is no real long range unit. The trooper fires too slowly and has too short a range to fight vehicle groups (similar with AA troopers) without sustaining heavy casualties (e.g. being run over).

I suppose it's just me that's not suited to commanding Harkonnen infantry very well. I can have mixed infantry cells on infantry rock that can survive quite a bit with Ordos and Atreides, but with Harkonnen I sustain too many casualties. Perhaps I haven't found the right way of using Harkonnen infantry.

if you use troopers.... try to stay away from mino's.... but you can charge cobra's when they're setting up and also mongooses, lasers and assaults can be taken quickly out by troopers.... flamers can take out lots of infantry in one shot.... where the sniper needs quite some time to take out let's say 5 AA troopers... the flamer does it in seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

A few Fedaykins or One sonic tank blast is enough to kill him (Cough* Dumb advantaged Atreides cough*)

a sonic tank takes 3 blasts to destroy a dev and the atreides can get destroyed easyly. all you have to  do is trick the sonic tanks or minos to fire into their crowded defenses and half their infs get hurt

this has happened to me

just a couple infs were sent into my pile(stealth) and half of my units were destroyed

same with the superweapons

if the atreides are so advantaged then why dont you use them?

^    

Remember you can use the modify button as indicated.

The sonic tanks' main problem is with shooting the repair vehicles (infantry can be kept out of the way). And remember that three sonics together against any number of advanciing Devs tend not to die easily, because of their relative maneuverability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes its annoying as leech when deva is trying get somewhere and it takes hours. But it would be too powerful if it was faster. For me, I can use AC, even in base, to move deva closer. Deva work with missiles tank in defence, usually, minos/cobras are destroyed by missiles and those that need be closer, are destroyed by devas.

• 3 weeks later...

Harks has the best mobile defence tower: Devastator, and doesn't require power too !!

It also has the best anti-infantries turret and units out of all the 3 houses, even though its lack of range it could do multiple kills while the sniper will take ages or ordos units lack of armour.