Harkonnen Defences - not sustainable?

nemafakei

They destroy the Missile tank most of the time, But In the meantime the Tanks and Launcher killed 5 Tanks.

And the 5 laser tanks is more worth then a Missile tank.

So poo on the Ordos. They are too Scared to ask their Own people to fight for the House. Instead they hire Mercenaries  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Harkonnen seem to have gone for machines than men - e.g. the ADP is more versatile than the AA mine or the Air Drone. They don't have an APC which says something about their attitude towards infantry (thinking they are worthless, I don't blame them with so many infantry genocide weapons).

Instead, they have an arsenal of vehicles that need combined arms to cover for their weaknesses - meaning they'll need space and micromanagement, i.e. suited to meeting the enemy in no-man's land rather than in the base.

I'd say the Harkonnen either need some way of repairing vehicles more easily (maybe make regeneration available at Lv1, or give a repair pad, or let Engineers be able to repair slowly - made more expensive though); or they need to do something for infantry. Maybe a heavily armed and armoured (yet slow) APC that infantry can take shelter in, or letting infantry be better (I must say if the Harkonnen Light Infantry had more health, it would be the ultimate versatile unit, though slow).

The Atreides have the Kindjal for making quick work of vehicles (instant shooting with more range, as opposed to a Trooper locking onto the target and the rocket actually reaching the target) and the Ordos have Mortar to help against large rushes. The Harkonnen don't have any long-range infantry.

But compared to the other house, I think, they have the most ineffective units. The sniper is better against infantery then the flamer. The AA Trooper has a lighter weapon (and so it fires quicker, from stand still/walking), and don't forget the kindjal) and the gun of the engineer is just realism.

But don't forget the snipers can't be outranged by infantery, and they are a lot faster then Flamers. But I must agree with the point that flamers are more useful against giant infantery rushes. But you don't see them so often. And most times there are more useful tanks (dust scout, mino, buzzsaw/flame tank)