from enemy units. I've lost 2 missions already and I

stopped at this moment hoping to think of other strate-

gies. Would the idea of attacking Atreides and Ordos

construction yards and their other buildings be the first

point of concern? then after wiping these pesky houses,

concentrate on the Emperor Worm?(After all,the Thelaux

House is very easy to destroy--I ferried 2 devastators &

completely erased Thelaux from the map)but my real

problem is destroying the 2 houses. What shall I do?

:(

Gunner: If you destroy Caladan, you still have to beat the Atreides in the final mission, ALONG with Guild, Tleilaxu and Ordos.

You get all the Ix, Fremen and Sardaukar as subhouses.

Arcie Misa: Defence only! DONT ATTACK THE OTHER HOUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use the projector ALOT!!

Use Adv. Carryalls to move Devastators to the Empror Worm.

I concentrate on defence and when I feel safe on my little rock, I start building up gunships. When I have about twenty, and atleast six helipads, I send them to attack the Emperor worm. Using 'tt' to select them all and constantly clicking o my target.

Guest Hannibal

It seems you're into some kind of trouble pal! But I bet

I can help you. Those strategies that are given to you

by other guys here sure are great but some styles they

have are not really effective(pls. I didn't mean to offend).

At the 1st 3-5 minutes,ull be in a 1-hell-of-a-ride..but if

ull  just build some good defense(be sure to cover that

small opening at the left-top part of ur camp)ull have all

attackers weakened.

• 5 weeks later...

Wall off the small ramp to the west side of your base and place some gun turrets behind them, if you're not good at going out and attacking. Build some ADPs to take out the Kobras that will attack you, and some Inkvines to take out the infantry work quite well. Project missile tanks to take out the EITS units that try to fly into your base, and make sure that you have lots of Troopers around your base to defend against NAIB tanks, otherwise you can use Fedaykin as well. Fedaykin also work well against the Ordos, just make sure you take out the Kobras first, and the Mortar Infantry. To kill the Emperor Worm, all your really need to do is get some Devastators, and some Advanced Carryalls. Fly them to the rear of the Emperor Worm to avoid all the heavy air defences, then fly them to the head. It shouldn't be too hard to win then.

well yeah.... i found the harkonnen emperor worm mission the hardest because my units didn't repair/get repair and they have no alround unit like the minotour meaning that it needs more micromanagement

Man, this just keeps coming up, doesn't it?  Most of the other folks are right - whatever you decide to do, your first step is getting your D in order.  Once that's done, you have two basic options:

• fedaykin chorus: gather a small group of fedaykin; if you like, have them contribute to base defense and gain veterancy by ambushing enemy columns and removing the high-value/high-nuisance vehicles (Kobras and Minotauri).  Once you have enough - about 10 should do it - move them carefully over to the worm.  Have them all fire and immediately move from that spot (to avoid the Guild arty); repeat as needed.
  • heavy metal: sure, you could just airlift Devastators and let the worm have it, but there's no reason you can't expand your options (and take a good deal of the pressure off) by capturing the enemy factories... if only so the mechs can have a repair vehicle or two to back them up.

• 1 month later...

i don't remember if it was on med or ezz or hard but i think it was hard heres what i did. :)

At the start don't wast 1 sec send your projecter be careful manvoreing it send it near the atr base is near the worm! send it to scout there just a wee wee bit

my strategy works but it costs alot of both time and money.

i destroyed one of the houses and captured the guild cannon and the barracks group that are in the middle of the map. i then built alot of ordos mortar infantry and atreides kindjal and snipers.

i then had the mortar and kindjal attack the emperor worm while the sniprs defend them. i also sent over sardaukar and fremen warriors to help. if yo have mortar infantry, devasators, elite sardaukar, fedakin and ADP's attacking all at once then the worm doesnt stand a chance

14+ gunships should do the trick :-) + death hand helps speed up the process, rinse and repeat as necessary :-)  Just make sure your projectors (if you're using Ix) are pumping  out the devestators for base protections...their firepower is a welcome addition to your real Devs

You're right, initial impact is nothing to boast about, but the radiation will go on to cause more damage.  Ultimately, not a massive blow to the worm, but it helps if you're having difficulties finishing it off with your air-force.  Like I said, it helps - but that's as far as it goes.