please.....i want to use harkonnen....

ricksam

• 1 month later...

eaz 2 use harks, here a built order, hark vs atreides (qm setts offcourse):

building bo : fremen camp > factory > refinery (if needed)

unit bo : 8 feyds (use a few of them for worms) > 2 buzz assault tanks(only if atreides goes mino)

hark vs hark

building bo : sard > fact > ref > sard > sard

unit bo : 50 gun infantry > ALOT of buzz > zillion sards

hark vs ordos :

building bo : barracks > fact > ref > fact (more barracks if ordos goes lasers or sand dusty)

unit bo : 1000 gun infantry > alot of buzz (maybe inkvines if he builts 10 kobra's)

so there those were the bo's that got me high in ranks ,well good luck with them

cya

ps : i don't use these bo's anymore i found out that there are even better ones:)

If you are short on cash and time, then forget about the Missile Tanks and Assault Tanks, just take Buzzsaws and Inkvines. In spite of what the strategy guide says, Inkvines are excellent against structures (except turrets). 3 catapults can dispose of a large building in a short while.

Never underestimate Buzzsaws. I got beaten a few times like that when I thought my Mongooses (with Atreides) and Laser Tanks (with Ordos) could handle them. The other guy just came with lots of Buzzsaws and went crazy. It was a bloody mess. >:( I have to admit though, if managed properly, Laser Tanks can pretty much take care of themselves with little support.

No, when you are attacking, the enemy will have to worry about how to defend. Inflicting damage/losses on the enemy using Laser Tanks can be a very effective way to slowly wear them down. Laser Tanks are also perfect for harvester hunting, due to their speed and damage against vehicles. A neat trick is to wait at a spice field for an enemy harvester/carryall combo. When the carryall touches down to drop off the harvester, the Laser Tanks will blast the carryall to bits, destroying the harvester in the process. :D

When he is thinking defensively, he probably won't be thinking offensively, unless he is an agressive harkonnen player. It is important to be able to do many things at the same time, and track many situations at the same time. If you can do more things than your enemy is aware of, AND counter his attacks effectively, then you should be able to win quite easily.

Try playing a single HARD AI (preferably Atreides), with 5K, no pre-built, and on the map 'Sandy Pass'. It was surprisingly difficult the first time I tried it. Almost like how a human would attack. I recommend this if you want to improve your situational awareness skills. ;)

If you never stop building units, do you set rally points for your factory/barracks, etc? On the large maps, you should never stop building units, but if you are on a non-spice map (e.g. Draconis: Plain, or Isles of Caladan), then you should keep an eye on your economy. That's why I like having Ix projectors around. They can save your life in wars of attrition, when conservation is important.