Strange cutscene video problem

klatu

I have tried looking though google and through this forum a bit. Everything on the game runs fine except the cutscenes. The sound skips but for the most part the video will play fine with the sound lagging far behind. Is there a solution to this?

I have tried looking though google and through this forum a bit. Everything on the game runs fine except the cutscenes. The sound skips but for the most part the video will play fine with the sound lagging far behind. Is there a solution to this?

Are you playing from the CD? The cd drive may not be able to keep up with the stream.

sorry im playing on a windows xp machine with 2g ddr2 ram 2.1ghz dual core processor. first i did a cd image and burned it on a cd on patch 1.02 and i experienced the problem. I then tried installing a cd crack and i still had the issue. After that i updated to 1.06 and the problem persisted. I then found out about the download offered through this website and tried it with the same issue. I know its not my version of the game because i have it installed on my wifes computer and the game runs fine other than rapid spinning cursors.

In Windows 9x it was through Control Panel>System, etc. But now it is more complicated I suppose. (I face similar issues with Media Player, and it is a hell to find which video codec is responsible and change its options as there are dozens of them. It doesn't worth the effort. I just use another player.)

Probably not. I just used that as a comparison example. Anything could be incompatible: sound hardware, graphics hardware and/or their drivers and/or their settings, video codecs and their settings...

You have the same issues either you use a real CD or a virtual CD (image of CD in HDD)?

Do you still have the issues if you use a virtual machine?

Probably not. I just used that as a comparison example. Anything could be incompatible: sound hardware, graphics hardware and/or their drivers and/or their settings, video codecs and their settings...

You have the same issues either you use a real CD or a virtual CD (image of CD in HDD)?

Do you still have the issues if you use a virtual machine?

if it happened when he used the GruntMods edition, its not the cd cache.