Ix projector discussion

dune_eye

at first, i thought this unit is just a projector you know what i mean? i thought its like the protoss templar right? and until now i am playing against the Emperor Worm, i know now it is a lot more powerful unit than i thought!!!(i am a newbies and a knob, i know)

but this wasn't entirely my fault, all the descriptions i could find pointing it to just some advance holographic projector to foul your enemy right? even the FMV kind of misguide me to have this stupid conclusion. (watch the Hark's video explaining IX tech...)

so my question is, if there is a insider in this forum, was the projector originally supposed to be just a projector instead of a "replicator"??

at first, i thought this unit is just a projector you know what i mean? i thought its like the protoss templar right? and until now i am playing against the Emperor Worm, i know now it is a lot more powerful unit than i thought!!!(i am a newbies and a knob, i know)

but this wasn't entirely my fault, all the descriptions i could find pointing it to just some advance holographic projector to foul your enemy right? even the FMV kind of misguide me to have this stupid conclusion. (watch the Hark's video explaining IX tech...)

so my question is, if there is a insider in this forum, was the projector originally supposed to be just a projector instead of a "replicator"??

well... it projects stuff :D

No, it was always meant to be able to change the environment around it, i.e. blow stuff up. Thing is its not as big a deal as you might think. Projector is a fun unit to play with but very easy to defeat. Most games played online are over too quickly to involve projectors, and once the enemy realise you are using projectors they are easily defeated.

But they can be fun to mess around with.