Screen Size

madglover

Ok, so first things first. I managed to install Dune 2000 on my windows 7 laptop thanks to gruntlord. It works fine which is fantastic.

I then used the CD to install it on a refurbished windows xp pc, and the picture is only centralised in the middle of the screen on a really small size. Is there any simple way to increase the size

Ok, so first things first. I managed to install Dune 2000 on my windows 7 laptop thanks to gruntlord. It works fine which is fantastic.

I then used the CD to install it on a refurbished windows xp pc, and the picture is only centralised in the middle of the screen on a really small size. Is there any simple way to increase the size

I assume you are using a CRT, and the answer is no. The game will only run at that hard coded resolution. If you had an lcd, it would be stretched to a higher resolution.

How so? I have CRTs only, use XP, your version of Dune2K and it spans all the screen. And I use various old PCs too, where the graphics cards are different. There you adjust the refresh rate/resoluion (even create a custom one: 640x400 if it doesn't exist) and keep a shortcut of a setting with a 3rd party applet to adjust the screen if it doesn't fit and you are bored/don't want to turn the knobs of your monitor all the time.