Leto II vs Miles Teg

arnoldo

Both Teg and Leto were human (at least initially and technically in Leto's case) and Leto ensured that the human race would never end. Since Teg's use of his super-speed was very draining on him physically, he could never have maintained speed in a race that never ended, so Leto would win, by default.

(What an idiotic question. What are you, like 12 years old or something?)

Both Teg and Leto were human (at least initially and technically in Leto's case) and Leto ensured that the human race would never end. Since Teg's use of his super-speed was very draining on him physically, he could never have maintained speed in a race that never ended, so Leto would win, by default. . .

Perhaps before such a hypothetical race can be rightly judged, several variables must be examined. When was Leto at his optimum running speed? Leto’s running speed must’ve gradually diminished as his weight increase and legs atrophied to the point of requiring an Ixian device for certain kinds of mobility (like his grandfather). Thus, Leto’s optimum running speed was probably shortly after taking on the ‘trout skin. The exception to this would be in a race which required the ability to rapidly shift directions. In such a race, Leto’s oval shaped pre-worm body would facilitate a blindly fast rolling motion and give the advantage of increased lateral motion. Regarding Mile Teg, his great age after initially gaining his mercurial speed must be taken into consideration in addition to whether the original Teg or his younger clone would be participating in the race. For purposes of this thread, both Leto and Miles Teg versions would be those at their optimal speed capacity in a strictly linear race. IMHO, in a sprint Miles Teg would be a clear winner, however the great expenditure of energy required to reach such speed would eventually slow him down considerably over time. If the race were a marathon, then my money would be on Leto.

Both Teg and Leto were human (at least initially and technically in Leto's case) and Leto ensured that the human race would never end. Since Teg's use of his super-speed was very draining on him physically, he could never have maintained speed in a race that never ended, so Leto would win, by default.

(What an idiotic question. What are you, like 12 years old or something?)

It's funny you would say that, one of my 12 year old nephew's is constantly asking me questions like these, "Who would win: Darth Vader or the Lord of the Nazgul?" "If the White Witch in Narnia had a nuclear bomb, could she kill Aslan the Lion?" I always tell him to go and watch TV.

It's funny you would say that, one of my 12 year old nephew's is constantly asking me questions like these, "Who would win: Darth Vader or the Lord of the Nazgul?" "If the White Witch in Narnia had a nuclear bomb, could she kill Aslan the Lion?" I always tell him to go and watch TV.

Seriously. There used to several teens over on DuneNovels that started this kind of thread all the time.

I guess I could have suggested TV to arnoldo, but what I really have in mind is some interesting physical experiments that would probably require circus-contortionist-level capabilities. wink.gif

Seriously. There used to several teens over on DuneNovels that started this kind of thread all the time. . but what I really have in mind is some interesting physical experiments that would probably require circus-contortionist-level capabilities. wink.gif

Care to comment on the following scenario?

Let's assume that the UEF of SupCom1 is cloned and transplanted into the Duneverse as of the latest book. There, the UEF decide to unite Humanity under 1 banner. Can they do it?

The "latest book" was Jessica's Flatulent Winds of Dune. Is that the one you meant, or did you mean Seaworms of Dune as the last in the chronological series?

Not that it matters, really. I don't recognize the reference, so it's just so much more of your crap. Same ole same ole.

...or did you mean Seaworms of Dune as the last in the chronological series?

I like that. Should have thought of it myself. With the pic that 'Brian and Kevin' chose of Stephen Youll's as the cover of Sandworms, it would have been better to call it Seaworms.

It is also ironic that the welcome page to Youll's website is the non-used drawing he created for Winds.

With the pic that 'Brian and Kevin' chose of Stephen Youll's as the cover of Sandworms, it would have been better to call it Seaworms.

I couldn't agree more!

I mean, when you think about it, if you exclude those spice-vein-producing abnormalities on the no-ship (remember how Sheeana deep-throats the one called Monarch?), the sandworms (the real ones hiding deep down underground on Rakis) only appear at the very end of the novel. Pretty much just to snack on a Waff ghola. The seaworm arc is a far more detailed and important part of the story. (Without the seaworms and their ultra-spice producing gall-bladders, KJA wouldn't have known what to do with the Paolo ghola and how to resolve that Good Paul/Bad Paul conflict!)

Definitely Seaworms!

(The HLP should really ditch the Dune remake and contact James Cameron to see if he would be interested in doing the movie. He is the Ocean Filmmaker, no?)

I love Cameron's movies and Dune but no, because he's working on Battle Angel Alita with Avatar 2 & 3 back to back. Besides Avatar is already a semi-reworking of Dune and the same thing.

I'd say Alfonso Cauron who did the amazing Children of Men and Harry Potter 3 should do the new Dune movie.

I couldn't agree more!

I mean, when you think about it, if you exclude those spice-vein-producing abnormalities on the no-ship (remember how Sheeana deep-throats the one called Monarch?), the sandworms (the real ones hiding deep down underground on Rakis) only appear at the very end of the novel. Pretty much just to snack on a Waff ghola. The seaworm arc is a far more detailed and important part of the story. (Without the seaworms and their ultra-spice producing gall-bladders, KJA wouldn't have known what to do with the Paolo ghola and how to resolve that Good Paul/Bad Paul conflict!)

Definitely Seaworms!

(The HLP should really ditch the Dune remake and contact James Cameron to see if he would be interested in doing the movie. He is the Ocean Filmmaker, no?)

Seaworms would make an interesting movie -- interesting, not good. I would like to see how someone like Cameron would handle Norma's head saving the day vs The Big O; and The Big E activating the 'kill switch' to terminate Khrone and the Face Dancers all over the cosmos. And Good Paul is too 'good' -- unbelievable for a Dune character.