How do i upgrade the units?

Guest gotnho

Guest gotnho

As i play the game i saw units getting "promoted" (those yellow thing on their head). I read throught some messages and i think that when a unit get 3 of those that unit can get upgrade or something. I'm i right? If i'm right where do i bring the unit to get them upgrade? Can someone tell me more about those yellow thing since i'm a newbie to dune. Thanks in advance.

But if you are the atreides and you get a unit with 3 bars you can put it in your barracks and the units of that type that you train will already have one bar, if you put another one in it will bwcome 2 bars and another one for 3 bars

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
But if you are the atreides and you get a unit with 3 bars you can put it in your barracks and the units of that type that you train will already have one bar, if you put another one in it will bwcome 2 bars and another one for 3 bars
What he said...................

I dun think the more you put in, the more bars there'll be.

upgrading units is a useless feature because you are NEVER gonna be able to do it an any online game unless you have already won the game anyhow.

i have played thousands of online Emperor games, and not once in any of those games did I ever had the opportunity to send Inf back unless my enemy was already dead anyways. in which case, sending Inf back to the barracks is a waste of time and a useless thing to do.

you can NOT send Inf back unless it is a LEVEL 3 veteran. and once you put in the LEVEL 3 veteran, you only get LEVEL 1's back out. which makes a totally useless feature of Emperor gameplay into an ABYSMALLY USELESS feature of Emperor gameplay

Maybe it's useless for online, but I found it very useful with campaign. Especially on missions where they attack you as insane (homeplanet + hard campaign missions) Deploy some Kindjal behind the first line. And mostly they got the last shots. And that will make them veteran very quickly. This counts also for snipers

Infact your right. I once had an infantry war online, i grouped the Atriedies sniper, Fremen Warrior and the Imperial Sardaukar as a group. My foe controlled a worm and came towards my group, thought the group is dead for sure so i just lefted it there, but the Snipers and Fremens killed it in two salvoes from long range !!