Wikipedia

Andrew

Has anyone got lost in wikipedia before?

Example: Tonight watched The Vikings film, and then went on Wikipedia for info learned a bunch about vikings, and ended up near location where some Norwegian shots for film were taken, then found out about Barony Resendal and ended up looking at tickets for concerts there, even trying to find ways to travel there and prices.

So much info on wikipedia, just keep clicking on links to more info. Start off with one subject and end up on entirely different subject. I partly blame tabs in web browsers for being able to open a lot of info at once.

Just me or do I have attention deficit disorder? :P

I'd like to travel, but not going to happen anytime soon.

We need more topics to discuss. :)

EDIT:

Now on to waterfalls in Norway. Nice pics. uh oh, just remembered about castles in Wales website I used to visit many years ago *off to google*.

Yes, it happens to me all the time. But for me it's not a bad thing. I mean, after checking what i wanted to know about, i'd just click other links that i find interested.

PD : btw, what happened to this site? Why doesn't anyone post anything anymore?

Example: Tonight watched The Vikings film, and then went on Wikipedia for info learned a bunch about vikings, and ended up near location where some Norwegian shots for film were taken, then found out about Barony Resendal and ended up looking at tickets for concerts there, even trying to find ways to travel there and prices.

So much info on wikipedia, just keep clicking on links to more info. Start off with one subject and end up on entirely different subject. I partly blame tabs in web browsers for being able to open a lot of info at once.

Just me or do I have attention deficit disorder? :P

Actually, that's my favourite method of browsing Wikipeida and, more recently, TV Tropes as well (the latter being like a huge vortex of information). This way, I have found a lot if interesting stuff I didn't even expect to find (or didn't know such things existed altogether), so I agree with Lawliet, this is kind of a good thing (especially if you have enough free time for that kind of browsing).

I watched most of his movies but not my favorite. Reason: There is a line which when you cross it is not comedy anymore, it becomes ridiculous. Nevertheless we will miss him.

Giorgos Fountas also died on the same date. His is well known for his phrase: "Stella - I hold a knife!" in the ending of the film Stella. Needless to say how the film ends: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3UccltQia10

And Straight Story parody of the same scene (I hope I won't get banned for this or called a racist :P laugh.gif):

Wikipedia strikes again, sorry for quoting and quoting! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone got lost in wikipedia before?

You should definetly go there, it's really nice. I usually go there like four times a year. Recommend going in the summer though ;)

I had a hope that the baron there had some similarities with baron harkonnen, when going on the guided tour in the castle... but unfortunately no :(

But the one sad aspect of Wikipedia is that it is too tilted towards news and history of The West on the start up page.

I'm guessing that is because it is English? I presume French would have more France/colonies articles; Spanish Language- Latin America etc.

But the one sad aspect of Wikipedia is that it is too tilted towards news and history of The West on the start up page.

That does not prevent it from having really detailed info on other cultures, too. I've read a lot about Japanese history, which I recently took interest in, there. For example, check out the account of Hideyoshi's Korean campaigns that is presented in great detail.