Happy Birthday Thread ->

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bit late but hit the big 24 last week and realised I've been coming to this forum for 9 years (don't post much lately but I'm a keen lurker). It makes me feel so old to think I first came here on 56k...

Happy birthday Khan!

Yeah, it's a little scary when you realize that you've been on the forum for so long. It's like you have some alternative personality that's obsessed with Dune. I remember 56k (I actually lived in a fairly rural area, so my average connection was closer to 28-32). Happy days, when everything took waaaaay too long.

Happy birthday Khan!

Yeah, it's a little scary when you realize that you've been on the forum for so long. It's like you have some alternative personality that's obsessed with Dune. I remember 56k (I actually lived in a fairly rural area, so my average connection was closer to 28-32). Happy days, when everything took waaaaay too long.

I do miss the days when you could make a cup of tea while you waited for a page to load.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I know what you're thinking. You're looking at the post above, which was from 2011, and you are telling yourself "wow, this thread is old". Well, you're wrong. This thread isn't old...

I am! :)

Today, the Earth has officially completed 30 revolutions around the Sun since the day I was born. I'm still working on my first revolution, so the Earth has quite a head start.

But in any case, ahem, Happy Birthday to Me!

Oh, and as it happens, it's not just my birthday today. FED2k, the "First Ever Dune 2000 Website", went online for the first time on 15 January 1998.

So:

Happy 18th Birthday FED2k!

You're now officially an adult! ...but not an "adult website". Please don't be that.