The Tablet Thread

Ok, so someone had to make this thread.

Very hyped up, and as far as I can tell it will only appeal to apple crowd, specifically someone wanting a larger iphone minus the phone and camera.

I'm gonna wait for netbook transformed into tablet.

Or when

gets cheaper.

Looks cool, but not very useful unless you already use apple products.

17614full.jpg

2iu9h6a.jpg

1264638173958.jpg

blutack.jpg

I heard it had no flash... how the hell can you watch youtube than?

Heard of html5 war going on?

Google(youtube) is going to choose h.264, and so is apple (and eventually MSFT). Which is going to make flash a thing of the past when it comes to videos.

It's also going to bankrupt Mozilla, and hurt Opera. Since for 2009 license fee was $5 million and it's only going to go higher each year, and since usage will go up, I'm sure they'll be happy to increase fees a lot since it will become mandatory (market choose it).

I'm sure like the iphone they'll come out with newer version of itab by Christmas 2010 with many hardware fixes.

Seriously, no multitasking or usb or microsd slot. wtf. There are microsd larger than the smallest model size.

I can't wait for a dual core atom nvidia ion graphics 2gb ram tablet with crapload of ports. Put linux/windows7 on it and it makes itab useless.

I doubt you can even transfer your iphone apps to itab for free.

Wo27t.jpg

ipad.jpg

Hitler responds to the iPad

Comedy goldmine. At least this means everyone will know about the product.

Shit, Stephen Colbert just pulled out an ipad on Grammy awards. Someone got paid a couple million.

Stephen asked his daughter if it made him look cool and she said no. :D

Mainstream joke now? No one will want to be seen with it? Unlike how you're cool if you got an iphone :P *look how cool I am, I can afford $80 a month for a smartphone and I can install a bunch of useless apps*

Shit, Stephen Colbert just pulled out an ipad on Grammy awards. Someone got paid a couple million.

Stephen asked his daughter if it made him look cool and she said no. :D

Mainstream joke now? No one will want to be seen with it? Unlike how you're cool if you got an iphone :P *look how cool I am, I can afford $80 a month for a smartphone and I can install a bunch of useless apps*

Colbert's been demanding a free Ipad from apple in every epiode since the day before it was unvieled.  It's a running joke - he did the same thing with the Iphone.

There is an app for C&C Red Alert?

They should make one. It will be the best app in the entire store if you ask me.

I even considered buying a tabled HP just for that function ones. Now I am putting my hopes on an iPad with RDP..

"the only reason I want one is to play Command & Conquer Red Alert / Dune 2000. . .face it, you want it to..."

Dosbox for WM6 + HP iPAQ: Dune II in an actual pocket, none of this textbook-sized madness.

But... I think I see where Apple may be going. They need a wider circulation for the iPad so they can sell stuff on the app/iTunes/etc store. They don't want usb or anything like that because they don't want it to be a desirable target for people wanting to hack it. 

• 1 month later...

I'd much rather have a netbook personally!

The new n450 intel processors (NM10 chipset) with 3150 vid card make performance better and better battery life over gma950 netbooks (I'd stay away from gma950 based stuff now for sure). In Canada n450 netbook starts around $300. example

So the ipad is out in a couple months, shortly after I'd assume netbooks would be even better. I'd stay away from any ipad/touch devices for a year until manufacturers figure out stuff (2nd generation). Might be useful in future. But will probably suck at first like comparing netbooks 2 years ago to today.

That Lenovo U1 Hybrid iPad looks amazing!  That's certainly the direction Apple should have taken.  When one of those drops down in price, I'd love to get one of those, although before I go back to uni in September I just want a cheap netbook, as long as its got 2GB of memory I'm not too fussed.

ipad_nano.png