air strikes rule against the ordos

thomas

get 4h. adp and stick them right outside you enemys base ....las tank,kobra,inf.veicle attacks get either destroyed or severly beaten down before they get to your base( and with the poor ai the enemy hardly sends aa partys after them[i have them in s. because of patch]) :) also it lets u focuse on your assault force rather than defence

=================================================================== gotta love the harks!

The problem is all the air units in this game are weak (very weak), but these ATP's are extremely good at stopping the enemy's long-range units from blowing up your base. He thinks his artillery is quite safe when suddenly out pops a ATP and starts popping 'em off, and quickly too :)!

adps r cool. when i use harko they r imo the best unit. they take out infantry easily, ga too. n the aircraft too.

so while they r vulnerable to lotsa aa troopers or orins. i think that they r very good for spicefield domination!! but if u got a large enough force of aa, those stuff drop like flies.

• 2 months later...

Yes, but their damage is very poor. You're better off with ground units to attack the enemy, and Air drones to swat passind enemy aircraft. Plus, ADPs are a pain if you have an orni/gunship/airlift fleet being built, and you lose the ADPs you rely on for your defence. Air Drones are build quicker, and no-one should be lacking in straight ground defence anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

with ornithopters you can get ordos players good, cause if you have a big fleet of ornithopters you can retreat if they throw missles (the missles are slow) and come back a second later. though it requires a little babysitting its still a good option cause when you have 15 ornis 7 or 8 of them attack first (while the others are on top of the building or enemy)

and then after they are done with their ammo the other 7 or 8 start attacking. its a good way to destroy ordos players, or should i say crush the enemy.

• 4 weeks later...

All right, I give up....but I always thoght the thopter was forgotten unit. Atriedes were supposed to have super air units, but the omni just isn't powerful enough. But maybe, if you stuck em in a protected place, and used minos and all the other units, you could use the thopter as a harvester-hunter( thats the main reason I use, for one)

Ornis are good units, but are only useful in certain situations. It's just that an all out attack is so easily defended against, if your opponent has some sense.

Hunting is a good idea, at least for the first few raids. Then the AA defences start to come in.