9/11

Saturn

Today is September 11, 2010, and Patriot Day. Nine years ago on this day 19 al-Qaeda terrorists launched a terrorist attack against the United States of America, in particular, civilians. They crashed 2 airplanes into the World Trade Center in New York City, 1 airplane into the Pentagon, and attempted (but failed) to crash a fourth plane into the White House. On that day 2977 people (excluding the terrorists) were killed and over 6000 people were injured. So let's dedicate this thread to the men, women, and children who died on 9/11. As well as the firefighters, police officers, FBI agents, and medical personnel who rushed into half-destroyed burning buildings to save people they didn't even know. I'd also like to dedicated this thread to the soldiers, marines, airmen, seamen, and mercenaries (PMCs) who have lost their lives serving our country (and our allies, like NATO and stuff). Also to the civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq who's lives and homes have been lost in this war. We must continue fighting though, to prevent another attack like this, and to ensure that Iraq and Afghanistan remain liberated and free (thanks to us). Not to mention the American (and other) civilians who were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Here is a video of the attack on the World Trade Center:

• Downvote 1

The second half part of your post doesn't belong here.

A request to a moderator to cut it and place it in the proper place: Politics,...

Till then I refrain to comment on that part.

My sympathy to the families who lost their beloved that day and my greetings to those lucky ones who survived, even though I personally know only one of them.

The loss of life is sad. But, the Powers have gotten exactly what they probably wanted out of 9/11.

1. The Patriot Act - Originally implemented solely for terrorists, the Act now spies on the non-terrorists of the USA. It has been broadened to cover ANY fianancial transaction over $10,000 that occurs in America.

2. Interventionist War - the right to invade any nation by the USA which may harbor 'terrorists'.

3. An constant Middle Eastern presence by the USA via direct involvment in Afghanistant, Iraq, bases in Central Asia, 2 fleets in the Persian Gulf, 2 fleets in the eastern Meditteranean.

The loss of life is sad. But, the Powers have gotten exactly what they probably wanted out of 9/11.

1. The Patriot Act - Originally implemented solely for terrorists, the Act now spies on the non-terrorists of the USA. It has been broadened to cover ANY fianancial transaction over $10,000 that occurs in America.

2. Interventionist War - the right to invade any nation by the USA which may harbor 'terrorists'.

3. An constant Middle Eastern presence by the USA via direct involvment in Afghanistant, Iraq, bases in Central Asia, 2 fleets in the Persian Gulf, 2 fleets in the eastern Meditteranean.

Not to mention they make people dance like puppets at the borders and airports. "Take off those shoes and stand on your head so we know you don`t have a bomb"

Not to mention they make people dance like puppets at the borders and airports. "Take off those shoes and stand on your head so we know you don`t have a bomb"

And they do this especially to humiliate some people (=political opponents) even though it is illegal. Morons and fascists.

Before the US can live up to basic human rights I don’t think they are in any right to police the rest of the world.

That said I still feel sorry for the innocent lives lost – on both sides of the ongoing conflict. I have friends serving in Afghanistan and I’m scared shitless every time they ship out!