Emperor - Battle For Dune map tutorials

apofisz22

hello

I'm sorry to open new topic, I would like to ask you how to make maps -?

Can you do a tutorials on how to be - a picture - and how to Converter

tion map of the dune that is

Please need Help and thank you very much

or videio - movies / tutorials or image Be happy to make xD

Well to start have you downloaded the map editor? http://dune2k.com/Downloads/7 (the Official Map Editor, 4th one down) after that you can either read the included document, it should answer alot of questions. Best thing to do is practice and view the map to see the result, then play on it to check out all your ramps.

Useful tips:

-Place spice mounds last because they are a pain to remove.

-Build the map after you have placed zones and/or objects, but before you put tiles down (it will generate cliff and rock tiles for you so that u only need to place Ramps.)

-When you paint a tile the editor will outline it, this shows which tiles you have manually placed vs the ones that are generated when u Build the map, to unhighlight tiles hold shift and paint over the tiles.

Thats all I can think of right now, I need to reinstall my editor on this computer, fortunately I saved all my work. If you have a more specific question after reading the Map Editor Help document (not the Tutorial one) go ahead and ask.

• Upvote 1

There is no map tutorials that I am aware of that are available. What I did to to make map making easier was to print out the instruction and it made it easier to learn the program. It was easy for me. Try that and see. :D

From what I can tell you need to run the Shadowmaker.exe program which will create the (Test.lit) and (Texture.dat) files. This program will create the shadows on the map and will make it look really great. Also, you'll have to run the Washcompressor.exe program on your map to create the (test.cpt) and (test.cpf) files. What the Washcompressor does, I don't know. :laugh: Both programs are located with your map maker program. Run both on your map to create the files.

I hope that will help.

I'm not familiar with the map packer as I almost never use it. The !05%thumb.tga is a file u have to manually make, it is the minimap u see ingame. In order to make it u need to take the default thats given to u in the mapeditor/Thumbnails folder and open it in a editing program, I personally use photoshop. when your viewing your map hit T and the program will put a file called mapdump in the mapeditor folder open this file in photoshop, resize it to be the same resolution as the !05%thumb.tga then change it its name from mapdump to !05%thumb and put into the appropriate map folder, now when u select that map ingame it should show the minimap u made. I'll try creating a visual aid if you have a hard time following my instructions.

Thanks Calthazar. I forgot about the thumbnail picture. wink.gif That would take care for the !05%thumb.tga file.

If your map is crashing, it is probably something that was added to your map like a building or something. Sometimes I had too much detail on the rock for example, so I had to take out some of the detail and it would work fine. It could be a building, sand height, rock detail, or a object that is out of place that the compiler is not detecting. That has happen to me a few times and that is how I solved the problem.

Try it and see.