Best way to take out Con Yard and Factory

bob_fox

What is the best and fastest way to take out your opponent's Construction Yard and Factory if you're Atreides (besides using NIAB Tanks which I almost won the game using once)?

ANY replies would be welcome.

Liar, I killed them all, it was the Ornis that did the damage.

I think possibly the best way for atreides to get a con is the following: 1) Don't go up against Ordos, they're the best, 2) if your opponents Hark, then just move on your opponents weak side. Those Sonic tanks when handled properly are effective, so if your assault is ground based, wipe out his defences with your sonic tanks then march in a few minotarus with mongoose and 3-4 sandbikes as anti infantry. Attack his buildings, but have a group of ORnis waiting in your base, ready to be called any minute, and have 2 APC's cloaked nearby, filled with Engineers, once you have cleared a large part of his defence swarm his factory with ornis and hit his con yard with engineers. if that fails, use what is left of your force to try and do some permannent damage, before they get wiped out. This works against hark, but ordos are a problem because they are the best.

send sh@# load of mongooses and sand bikes and surround his base then send 3 sonic tanks for his pesky veicles then send in 6 engineers after his con yard and 30 sarduaksr to cover them clean up the remains if your force is severly damaged9 when con yard is captured un deploy it and airlift to your base) :)

Its easiest to just to build a minimum of 8 Minotauruses and 4 repair vehicles and use the Minotauruses long range to take out theire whole base!

Note: You will need to use formation or else the repair vehicles run right up to the enemy and get destroyed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think you guys have missed the point of this thread (which I started over a month ago). I didn't want the best way of defeating your opponent(s), but I wanted a sneaky way of quickly and quietly taking out your opponent(s) two most important structures (which are probably the Con Yard and Factory). The Engineers in APC raid in the original C&C is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I suppose, though, that you can't really pull off the aforementioned kind of tactic in Emperor.

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

I've got a good way to detonate the starport. place an exian infiltrator right in the middle of the runway, (forcemove(alt click) ) and detonate it. takes only one. if you went to detonate it off the side, it will take too of those

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of the Starport:

My new units - normally Harvesters - often get stuck underneath the CHAOM Frigate. What I usually do to fix that is I double-click underneath the frigate to select the stuck unit underneath it and then move it out. This usually fixes the problem, but I still think something should be done about it.

• 3 weeks later...

That would cost a lot of $$$.

And if you have to send that much time building such a force. the enemy will probly have a equeal or greater force to match you. not to mention air defenses. Even if you did that you would still have to worry about there super weapons. There for such a strike is not a good idea. Airdrops are best when you first start.

hey what i like to do is keep in sending sandbikes or dustscouts and make the ai or someone on online to take their vehicles and infantry to the other side and every once in a while send ornis and and infantry with the sand bikes

and while the enemy is busy fighting the constant waves off

i get the turrets on the other entrance with like 10 different ornis and and then send in apcs slowly like two of them filled

with three or five engineers and i do it simulationly so i send

one apc first as soon as it starts too unload i send in the other i unload and first take care of the factory conyard and starport and then whatever else. the player usually dc's but its still fun and sometimes they dont want to cheat so i win .its cool to cause its faster than actually gonig there and destrying it that takes forever. i know this is long :) :) :) :)sorry about it though