Games you wanted that never came out

Calthazar

The sequel to Emperor Battle for Dune...  I think what disappointed me most was when I found out that plans for one had existed and then went bye bye.  As in if I hadn't know that one had been planned I would have been alright with it. 

Another which isnt quite fitting the never came out as much as the "was never finished" category was Warrior Kings.  Was an amazing game but incomplete cuz the studio dropped off the face of the earth.  It had all sorts of little details: people had slightly varying heights, there were hit boxes on units heads that arrows could hit, spies that could sneak in and cause all sorts of trouble, and extremely inventive units and strategies.  Unfortunately it had crappy unit AI, bad graphics, and things that were not fully implemented that were going to be in the game originally.

Well those are just two games I would love to see modern version of. (or even make myself)

...ready set go? 

Dungeon Keeper 3. Didn't get very far in development but it was a sure enough thing at one time that a trailer for it was included with DK2.

Other than that... not that I can think of. Though there are a few games that I would unmake if I could, or at least heavily modify...

Dungeon Keeper 3. Didn't get very far in development but it was a sure enough thing at one time that a trailer for it was included with DK2.

Oh for sure Dungeon Keeper 3 that is right I would love to have seen that.

Heroes of Annihilated Empires, it was supposed to be a triology but only one came out.

Bauldur's Gate 3, there was talk of it but I think it resulted in Dragon Age.

Other than that... not that I can think of. Though there are a few games that I would unmake if I could, or at least heavily modify...

ouch, lol

I suppose I would unmake the entire sims series and perhaps spore...  or at least remake spore in a better, less childish fashion.

And yes I entirely agree the destruction of Westwood = fail  :'(

Come now, the Sims isn't so bad. There's something very Bene Gesserit-like about breeding humans for desirable traits, which is how I spent most of my time.

Killing off dead-end genetic lines was particularly fun.

I was actually thinking more of Tomb Raider 6, which shall never be mentioned again, and Overlord, which was just... such a disappointment.

wow thats the first time I've ever heard of it being used as a simulator for eugenics, good stuff  :P  suddenly it has so much more purpose.  I downloaded Dungeon Keeper 2, will check it out, sounds kinda crazy.

Another game, which still could come out but I doubt will, that I really want to see would be Black & White 3.  For some reason Lionhead didnt incorporate multiplayer into BW2, which sucks because the city building was so much better and interesting than the first.  If they took the creature AI, miracles, and multiplayer capabilities from the first BW and the graphics, city and army building from BW2 and put them together it would be an absolutely amazing game.

- Red Earth/Warzard 2, I don't think many people have played or heard of Red Earth/Warzard, but it was a great game that definitely deserves more recognition.

- A real-time action Pokemon game, turn-based battles are often rather boring, I don't think turn-based battles really suit something like Pokemon anyway.

- Gotcha Force 2

- Custom Robo Wii

- Kingdom Hearts 3

C&C Tiberian Twlight (was ment to be a MMORPG of C&C Tiberian Sun)

Are you sure you are not mixing up Tiberian Twilight and Continuum? Tiberian Twilight was Westwood's C&C3 while Continuum was a MMO game.

There are many games I wanted that never came out.

"Westwoods C&C3" Tiberian Twlight/Tiberian Incursion

Joint Task Force 2

Operation Flashpoint 2 - Not that Dragon Rising crap Codemasters made - Well, OFP2 is pretty much Arma 2 anyways...

Airfix Dogfighter 2

WarCraft 4

Duke Nukem Forever - It will come....when the sun explodes

And other games I can't think of right now!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you are not mixing up Tiberian Twilight and Continuum? Tiberian Twilight was Westwood's C&C3 while Continuum was a MMO game.

They were being made at the same time and the names were never final. So EA/WestWood swapped the names around and C&C 3 turned into Continuum.

Emperor: Alliances and Dune Generations also, games I would loved to of played.

• 1 month later...

DK 3 would have been fun, I never actually learned to enjoy DK 2 though. The original Dungeon Keeper was ridiculously awesome though. I have to haul it out and play it every now and again. I really, really like older games, I think it's mostly just a general dislike for early 3D modeling. I rented Overlord but I didn't keep it long enough to really figure out what was going on. I was hoping it would be more like DK. I really want to want to play Spore, but I the more I hear about it the less I actually want to go through the process of obtaining and installing it. I think it's kind of like Black and White in that, I love the concept, but once again, the actual interpretation leaves a lot to be desired. This game could be fun to modify and update, but that would require someone with imagination from the gaming industry... which... let's face it.... Something I would have liked to see, I think, would have been a Planescape Torment sequel.

• 4 weeks later...

Duke Nukem Forever, but apparently it will be realised in 2011, and a Final Fantasy 7 remake, great gameplay and storyline but it's awful graphics, even for it's time, make it unplayable for me.

Oh and i forgot, another Dune game. I love Battle for Dune but it's almost a decade old.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I was excited at the prospect of Warcraft Adventures: The Lord of the Clans coming out back then, and was somewhat disappointed when it didn't. Starcraft compensated for that though, but it's still a shame they shelved the project when it was so close to being released (I've heard rumours that the packages were almost ready for shipment when the decision came to shut it down).