FIFA World Cup 2010

Mahdi

It begins!

One of the advantages of working from home:  I can watch every game live!  Well, I could if I got the channel they aired on.  Here's hoping my crappy internet doesn't crap out! 

South Africa vs. Mexico beginning now!

I think I can, might as well try.  All the stuff that comes up if I just search on google is sites that require a bunch of crap I dont intend to register to.  I'm glad South Africa didnt lose the first match, that would have been really depressing.

The problem with TV stations is they are usually only allowed to stream programs within their own country.  For example, I cannot watch any NBC programs from the NBC website.  So I'd be surprised if the CBC video player works in the US.  CBC.ca if you want to give it a try though.

I'm sure if you went to nbc, cbs, abc, or whatever station is airing it in the US they'll be streaming it too.

woops ESPN does have it (I must have checked to early) I'm not much of a tv person so you actually know more channels than me :P, I stick to occasional movie, some family guy, and scifi.  Anyways, too many soccer games end in ties..  gotta say my favorite sports to watch are hockey, lacrosse, and martial arts (not boxing or dumb wrestling).

vuvuzela2.jpg

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP.

Seriously.  It sounds like a swarm of bees every time I hear it being watched on TV.

"It's all part of the authentic experience!!!1"

Can you see about shoving the authentic experience where the Sun don't shine?  'Cause that would be great.

(Don't like football or the World Cup, in case that didn't come across. :P)

Is the US vs England match that big of a deal over there? Because I was watching the NBA finals and because ABC/ESPN is also showing the World Cup they were comparing it to the Celtics vs Lakers rivalry. It sounded like they were just making it into a big deal for TV ratings... I mean how does one match 60 years ago compare with teams that have played eachother in the finals multiple times over the that same span.

Either way I'm cheering for the Netherlands though should have a pretty easy time of it in the first round.

I don't know about other countries but over here USA vs. England isn't that much of a deal. Usually European games with teams like Italy, France, Germany, England, Netherlands get more hyped here. Personally I don't like those games very much. I rather watch "exotic" games with teams I usually don't see play very often (= teams from South America and Africa or Australia). I liked the first match a lot and I hope they both make it to the next round.

At least you didn't loose. For us it was a shame to loose from S. Korea.

Here are the statistics:

South Korea-Greece

Goals scored: 2-0

Total shots: 11-6

Shots on target: 7-2

Corners: 6-11

Offsides: 1-4

Fouls committed: 14-12

Yellow cards: 0-1

Red cards: 0-0

Ball possession: 50%-50%

If you cannot score with 11 Corners with a team that is ways shorter than yours it is a tragedy. :'(