Adobe Reader / Flash Player Vulnerability

Just a quick heads-up to anyone at FED2k that doesn't read Engadget or Adobe Security Advisories.  There's a nasty vulnerability in recent versions of Adobe Reader and Flash Player that allow for remote manipulation of a PC targeted by hackers.  It can also cause your machine to crash, but obviously the former is more serious.

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa10-01.html - Here's the original brief from Adobe, along with instructions on how to mitigate (possibly entirely negate) the risk.  It recommends deleting a .dll file from your Adobe Reader directory and installing the latest Flash Player 10.1 RC.

Use sumatra pdf instead of adobe reader if all you do is read and print pdf files on windows.

Hoping ubuntu puts out update (they do list linux).

But solution for flash involves upgrading to 10.1 so I doubt ubuntu will do that. Will be interesting to see how they react.

I could elaborate on the following point, but I'm not going to.  It's very important to me that you realise that this is because your question could have been answered by reading my original statement, or the article I linked.

No, this is not causing your flash movies to crash.