emperor worm mission

Guest Fremen warrior

Guest Fremen warrior

Does anyone have any strats for beating the atreides emperor worm mission? I tried to uses fremen feds but they get slaughtered by the guild mega-cannon. I tried to rush it with all my starting units but my sonic tanks got killed. The projector and the APCs made it but it declared me defeated when my base got trashed. Adv. Carryalls kept get shot down and usually only 50% makes it there. The guild also gets reins quikly there with NIAB tanks. What should I do?

If you need additional advice, You start with I believe a 3 bar sonic tank.

Build up and go fast to create a hanger, upgrade build a militarized carryall, carry yer sonic tank over to the guild lightning structure. Blow it up, immediately pick it up bring it to one side of the worm and keep fireing, i was able to defeat it this way on the 2nd try.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Duke Leto

Build up to hanger, since you start with 150000 solaris, you can do this quickly. Build a militarized caryall. Take an APC and load it up with an engineer as soon as your mentat tells you that you should capture the buildings. Capture the mega cannon and build two gun turrets there (if Atreides, you can find some enemies and have some fun with the mega cannon, as it's splash damage is incredible, if you wish). Then, do a) build 2 caryalls, take 2 apcs, fill me up with 10 sardaukar, and kill da worm. b) get a sonic tank/1 m/caryall (as mentioned above) and nail the worm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dartok

I never made it to the megacannon when I took out the worm, though I plan to try that out. My strategy was to build up a force of five or so minos as well as five advanced caryalls. Then using the Adv. Caryalls, I simply fly the minos to the farside of the worm. Once they land, just have them all fire on the worm. Progress is slow, but effective. When all was done, I only lost one of the five minos. But then, maybe I was just lucky.

Guest wooha

As harkonnen.. i just built myself about 12 gunships in a big rush, took out the small wall of organic turrets next to the base, and just flew in there and blew that sucker to pieces. It took a lot to ward off the constant attacks, but once i got my gunships going, they just blew that thing to pieces. I also managed to fire off a death hand at it and that took off a quarter of its health.

Once again, I point out that a task force of fedaykin is probably the best means to this end. This tip was originally mentioned in GameSpot.com's guide, and it does work. Here's what you do: set up a solid defense for your base (you will not need a starport or palace, and don't neglect triple-A) and get a healthy economy going. Pump out the feydakin in groups of 5 and walk those groups carefully over to the clearing near the worm's head. Once all of them - 10-20 - are there, walk them right up to the worm and loose a volley or two, then fall back _at once_ to avoid the Guild artillery; repeat this fire/withdraw cycle until the worm gets a terminal headache.

Once you start this, however, a huge assault will come your way - by now, most of your units on the two unwelcome mats should be second- or third-level veterans and be backed up by several other units.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...