Dune 2 Graphics requested!

gorgonslayer

hello!  ;D I am new to the forum and to be honest, a bit shy and nervous! biggrin.png. anywho, I need some sprites from dune 2 (preferably not the Amiga version, (if I spelt Amiga right) because they are rather... cartoony... kinda....................... please and thank you tongue.png

[Edit] wait! I made a mistake! I want the amiga ones! I have buildings I just need units!!!! LOLZ!

Hello. If you need the PC graphics, those can be extracted using two tools: XCC Mixer will handle unit sprites, and Dune 2 Tile Editor can display and edit structures. Take a look at this thread for more info on Dune 2 editing tools.

Apart from that, there's an already extracted Dune 2 graphics package downloadable here (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

As for the Amiga GFX, I really have no idea, you should ask Minniatian, he's an expert on Amiga Dune 2 :) Send him a PM if he doesn't show up here soon.

Hello. If you need the PC graphics, those can be extracted using two tools: XCC Mixer will handle unit sprites, and Dune 2 Tile Editor can display and edit structures. Take a look at this thread for more info on Dune 2 editing tools.

Apart from that, there's an already extracted Dune 2 graphics package downloadable here (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

As for the Amiga GFX, I really have no idea, you should ask Minniatian, he's an expert on Amiga Dune 2 :) Send him a PM if he doesn't show up here soon.

do you know were I could get the mentats that talk?

Mentat images and animations are inside DUNE.PAK: there's a static 320x200 image in CPS format called MENTAT?.CPS (where ? is the House letter, i.e. MENTATA.CPS is the Atreides Mentat), and the facial animations are in SHP format, with filenames like MENSHP?.SHP. Both file types are recognized by XCC Mixer, and can be converted to PCX images.

don't the mentat faces also have some of those annoying overlap-palette animations though? I remember the intro mentat having em...

Nah, it's just that the Bene Gesserit gal in the House selection screen uses an entirely different palette (BENE.PAL), which leads to occasional colour screw-ups when she is shown in the basic IBM.PAL palette while acting as the Mercenary mentat in the original Super Dune 2. Overlap-palette animations only occur in the game intro and outro, and they are limited to the WSA files. I don't know if it is even possible with SHPs.