What programs do you use to make mods?

Zahariel

2.  to modify unit/bulding stats like energy rate of fire rate of turn  regeneration etc we use tibed 

2 for hard editing  i.e mis files we huse hex editors  there are few topics with instructions of mis editing. make sure you have backup map  if you mess something up so you can replace destroyed file

what errors it causing??

note that there is change limit or something in tibed  multiple "hacking" with tibed can damage game .  i mostly only added strenght  20000 of HP for all houses starports construction yard factories and palace, for units i added for evry tank/trike/quad up to 7000 HP but since i love trikes raiders and stelalth i made them all self-destruct  option  their strenght is  8000 and they have rapid fire . i made  sonic tank rapidfire and deviator rapidfire and devastator rapidfire to keep balance.

but do change per change,  change something save to game play for test close game  change more and continue.  about the limit is max 7changes at one time  to cheat this simply save evry change you do to not queue changes

err  tibed is weird ,  i changed some strings and my barracks need 7 concrete slabs :D

fremen non stealth is in campagin missions  its uncloaked one

one sardaukar is for campagin and one for skirmish if you build  emperor palace without having high tech factory you get sardaukar, howewer you cannot duplicate - two sardaukars in production menu

Hello, to create new units and buildings which programs you use, exadecimal editor?

If you create a new unit / building, tibed detected?

You know where you can download the game Battle for Dune Emperor or where to buy?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Hello, to create new units and buildings which programs you use, exadecimal editor?

If you create a new unit / building, tibed detected?

You know where you can download the game Battle for Dune Emperor or where to buy?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

you cant add new units at this time.

but do change per change,  change something save to game play for test close game  change more and continue.  about the limit is max 7changes at one time  to cheat this simply save evry change you do to not queue changes

err  tibed is weird ,  i changed some strings and my barracks need 7 concrete slabs :D

how ??? ??? ???

here we go

open tibed setup it to modify dune2000 now  look at buldings tab take any  bulding and look at unknown tab.  there are random numbers here

write them down to paper and modify one then save and start game   do it for   harkonnen high tech factory (if u mess up you can take carryals from starport or capture ordos/atreides high tech factory) but finally you dont use that bulding.  so here we go change  each number each save and start.  

if you look at art settings  you let see right down where is width and height  dont touch this when you modify it mainly crash game. but who cares so  when you try all values on unknown tab lets go for another

goto units and set stealth raider opengeneral#2 and look at unknown tab try somethign here too

if notthing here  look at buildexp.ini it says posible bulding data?   each bulding has values there but its manual editing.

i have not moddified that way my game so i dont know what happen.. bu i will try to trick o harkonnen high tech factory

==============

funny results you can have by adding weapon to carryal choam ... i ever made raider with capacity of carryal so it was looking funny a raider carry tank to repair pad harvester to refinery :D

BTW anyone know how to make more than 3 ornitropers from atreides high tech factory?

-----------------------

***IMPORTANT***

how to change repairing settings ? to make repair process more efective?  in red alert 2 you can do it but is there any way? tibed does not help 

BTW anyone know how to make more than 3 ornitropers from atreides high tech factory?

-----------------------

***IMPORTANT***

how to change repairing settings ? to make repair process more effective?  in red alert 2 you can do it but is there any way? tibed does not help

I don't no ho to Chang the ornitropers number but if you want to make the building's to rapier faster you can lower their HP and the weapons damage. ::)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If i new how to do this i Wood mace the windtrap to have 4 concert slabs. ;D

Just edit these Building's bytes with Tibed:

It is funny to realize my original post on this matter is already 6 years old  ;D

http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopic=885

Byte 80: Deployment Squares Arrange (Upper section) (*)

Byte 81: Deployment Squares Arrange (Lower section) (*)

Byte 84: Occupied Squares Arrange (Upper section) (**)

Byte 85: Occupied Squares Arrange (Lower section) (**)

(*) Square areas needed to be Free in order to deploy a building.

(**) Square areas where unit's path is bloked. Also (maybe): Square areas where concrete slabs are needed.

:arrow: Both Deployment and Occupied Squares negate deployment for another buildings.

:arrow: Occupied Squares block's unit's path.

X=Deployment/Ocuppied square.

0:

OOOO

OOOO

1:

XOOO

OOOO

2:

OXOO

OOOO

4:

OOXO

OOOO

8:

OOOX

OOOO

16:

OOOO

XOOO

32:

OOOO

OXOO

64:

OOOO

OOXO

128:

OOOO

OOOX

You can get any combination from

0:

OOOO

OOOO

to

255 (1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128):

XXXX

XXXX

can it be used to place bulding anywhere on map? i mean to harrass ai with turrets :P  i remember one guy from online gaming it was from DAF or FOX clan  he could place bulding within nearest bulding range was like 40 or 50 squares so on habbanya erg  he was able to fortify his base from external.  later that guy built barracks inside my base without capturing any of my buldings :s

i have tried these values and i made my barracks that need 7 squares  the 7th square was 2squares away from barracks

can it be used to place bulding anywhere on map? i mean to harrass ai with turrets :P  i remember one guy from online gaming it was from DAF or FOX clan   he could place bulding within nearest bulding range was like 40 or 50 squares so on habbanya erg  he was able to fortify his base from external.  later that guy built barracks inside my base without capturing any of my buldings :s

i have tried these values and i made my barracks that need 7 squares  the 7th square was 2squares away from barracks

Yes it can be used that way.  :)

Here is an example:

Atreides Barracks have this values

Byte 80 = 51 = 1 + 2 + 16 + 32

Byte 81 = 3 = 1 + 2

Those values are equivalent to this:

X= Squares needed for deployment

O= Squares NOT needed for deployment

Byte 80 (Upper section)

51 = 1 + 2 + 16 + 32

XXOO

XXOO

Byte 81 (Lower section)

3 = 1 + 2

XXOO

OOOO

Both Byte 80 = 51 and Byte 81 = 3 put together represent this:

XXOO >> Upper Section

XXOO

XXOO >> Lower Section

OOOO

If you change Byte 81 this way:

Byte 81 = 131 = 1+ 2 +128

Then your needed squares are these:

XXOO

XXOO

XXOO

OOOX

So you get a 7th square which is 2 squares away from your barrack.

Now change Byte 80 and Byte 81 to zero.

Byte 80 = 0

Byte 81 = 0

Then your needed squares are these:

OOOO

OOOO

OOOO

OOOO

That is, no needed squares.

So you can place your barracks anywhere  8)(even in the sand)

Tested it today. Never tried with zero values before.  ::)

So, since it is possible to setup Sietch as an alternate barrack

(and build soldiers from both Barracks and Sietch)

I guess now I could build it on the rocky borders  ;D

how about heavy factory :s

i have tested so  amazing barracks can be  anywhere ... can it be used for AI i mean AI use this to harras  another AI ? i have rude plan

can be used  also for  making tanks from all factories in one time?  you pay for 1 tank u get like 4

===============

ai dont build barracks after modification  wtf

Changing Byte 80 and Byte 81 to zero should work with any building.

No clue about AI behavior after this mod. ::)

===

Maybe you should try to bypass the problem with AI by keeping your standard barracks unmodified and

setting Sietch as "alternate" Barrack"

To do thtat, the key is Byte 92

You need Byte 92 = 11

If you want your building to train Soldiers.

More info here;

http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopic=885

well i make sietch for atreides as i want to mess with atreides buldings

but still ai not making barracks  :S

Nope,

Keep your atreides barracks unmodified

I mean, Undo the changes, and return to:

Byte 80 = 51

Byte 81 = 3

Then modify Fremen Barracks

Owner = Fremen AND Atreides

Prerequisite = Barracks

Tech Level = 1

Long 68 = 17

Byte 80 = 0 >>> No deployment squares needed

Byte 81 = 0 >>> No deployment squares needed

Byte 89 = 7 >>> Building can be selected/repaired/captured

Byte 90 = 64  >>> Building doesn't get damage when deployed without concrete.

Byte 92 = 11 >>> Building can train solidiers

Byte 96 = 0 >>> X coordinate where new soldier appears

Byte 97 = 2 >>> Y coordinate where new soldier appears

Byte 98 = 0 >>> X coordinate where new soldier goes

Byte 99 = 3 >>> Y coordinate where new soldier goes

Now you can build sietch, anywhere and Sietch can train soldiers

Maybe AI won't build Sietch... but who cares??

AI Doesn't build Sietch anyway.

To set Sietch as primary Building press CTRL P

If you want to sell your last Sietch, be sure the standard barrack is set as primary (CTRL P) before selling the Sietch. Otherwise you could  get a Crash.

Also, you can set Sietch as 2nd Prerequisite for units, but cannot set it as 1st Prerequisite

Only building with Behavior = Barrack can be set as 1st Prerequisite for soldiers.

===

Edit Aug-21-2010: Where said "No concrete squares needed" should say "No deployment squares needed" (already corrected)

===