Lol Emp definately dead

I'm really considering buying this game again to play.

I'm in Australia and was wondering what times people play?

Any ideas?

This game almost dead    :'( :'( :'(

But seems 2 b very lively this month    ;D ;D ;D

I normaly play 8pm  (gmt +2 )

If ur in Australia lets say Queensland then it will b 6am    :-X :-X :-X  so that sucks    :-[ :-[ :-[

If u play lets say 1pm ur time (assuming ur in Queensland) ur play more American players online  :D :D :D

There was 7 players in a game last week but due 2 lag we had 2 split up    >:( >:( >:(

The 1 great thing about hamachi is that u could b busy posting or surfing the net & some1 will give u a message 2 play a game    ;) ;) ;)

aw its sad nobody play this game online anymore :'(

I have been going online and I always see the servers are empty :'(

Plz if anybody wants to play then come

I dont like hamachi cuz it is hard to use and I never got it to work

whats so hard? sign on hit join network put dune122 password 1 and we can try getting u started from there.  almost no one goes on the servers and unless you get on Hamachi or MSN it will be nigh to impossible to hook you up with a match. Look in the MSN thread and join ^ that network.

• 1 month later...

the people themselves bled this game to dead(and forum) by simply not playing online or post on this forum, so instead of whining, post/play more with that game.

just look at C&C Renegade with the Renguard servers. game old as hell and there still a lot people playing there 200 persons a day is the average.

the people themselves bled this game to dead(and forum) by simply not playing online or post on this forum, so instead of whining, post/play more with that game.

just look at C&C Renegade with the Renguard servers. game old as hell and there still a lot people playing there 200 persons a day is the average.

Lol i forgot what i wanted 2 say ,iam having trouble with this forum everything is differant and better i guess but it feels 2 dark here ,reminds me of harkonnen homeworld maps like giede prime.

Oh yes i remember now emperor is a rts game not a first third person shooter game so comparing emperor 2 C&C renegade is like comparing apples 2 pears kiss.gifkiss.gifkiss.gif

looks like yall need me :)

i`d come back if some of the old fellows would join as well...spazefag, the jew, the kid jeff, ords, nunu, kindjal, apo....whoever...

oh yeah, i forgot one condition...youko shouldnt be there :)

peace to yall...even to youko :)

KALONY

Lol i forgot what i wanted 2 say ,iam having trouble with this forum everything is differant and better i guess but it feels 2 dark here ,reminds me of harkonnen homeworld maps like giede prime.

Oh yes i remember now emperor is a rts game not a first third person shooter game so comparing emperor 2 C&C renegade is like comparing apples 2 pears kiss.gifkiss.gifkiss.gif

The point was/is their both old games, but the one has 200 persons a day playing online, while te other almost no one plays, just here and there some players on hamachi.

So its up to the players of the games themselves to keep it alive. or not.

• 3 months later...

Why would you even need a special "app"... just ask the users on the forum who are interested to create a special account on some agreed upon chat service (yahoo, icq, whatever) and everyone committ to only signing on to that account when they want to or are playing Emp?

Make it the topmost sticky thread here in the forums, and ask people to check back on a weekly basis to post dates and times when they think they might be available to play ahead of time as well... I know sometimes you'll just play "whenever" you can without much notice - but if people can't make an effort to let others know "ahead of time" when they might make the effort to get together and play - then I don't think you've even got the building blocks of anything that will last than a short burst of time anyway.

Nice to see 'some' interest outthere in this... I never played online back in the day. But I'd be interested in doing so if a server gets set back up. I'm new to these forums - and see references to "hamachi" or whatever - but haven't checked into what that's all about. I just sort of stumbled onto this forum looking for a way to create a new ISO backup of my discs...

Why would you even need a special "app"... just ask the users on the forum who are interested to create a special account on some agreed upon chat service (yahoo, icq, whatever) and everyone committ to only signing on to that account when they want to or are playing Emp?

Make it the topmost sticky thread here in the forums, and ask people to check back on a weekly basis to post dates and times when they think they might be available to play ahead of time as well... I know sometimes you'll just play "whenever" you can without much notice - but if people can't make an effort to let others know "ahead of time" when they might make the effort to get together and play - then I don't think you've even got the building blocks of anything that will last than a short burst of time anyway.

Nice to see 'some' interest outthere in this... I never played online back in the day. But I'd be interested in doing so if a server gets set back up. I'm new to these forums - and see references to "hamachi" or whatever - but haven't checked into what that's all about. I just sort of stumbled onto this forum looking for a way to create a new ISO backup of my discs...

Im fairly certain it has no DRM, other then a CD check, so just copy it with IMG Burn

What about arranging an emperor day for somewhere in March?

Spreading the word to the old players on mail, msn, ... getting everyone together.

Just some random sunday we pick as e:bfd day. hopefully with +- 20 people online at the same moment, playing some 3on3's ?

I'dd be in.

What about arranging an emperor day for somewhere in March?

Spreading the word to the old players on mail, msn, ... getting everyone together.

Just some random sunday we pick as e:bfd day. hopefully with +- 20 people online at the same moment, playing some 3on3's ?

I'dd be in.

if the server is up, im in.

Im fairly certain it has no DRM, other then a CD check, so just copy it with IMG Burn

Others think it may have had SafeDisc... which sounds about right. But either way - ImgBurn choked on reading the disc with (I believe) a CRC error or some other read error... so it just wouldn't create an ISO. MagicDisc's option to "Make CD/DVD Image" did the trick though. Pleasantly surprising since it's such a lightweight tiny little virtual drive emulator.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

About what speech?

Wipe eyes and move with flippers!

EBFD is alive and thriving :)

we invite all to Tunngle (http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/21474-emperor-battle-for-dune-getting-online-with-tunngle/) ;)

some doubt your competence (http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/21468-the-rating-list-of-the-best-players-in-ebfd-top-10/) :D

and many guys just play (http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/23378-we-play-emperor-in-tunngle/page__st__80) 8)