Infantry rush

elyven

If you like rushes or not, I don't give a wooden nickel.  ::)

Simpel fact is that if you don't build some quick forces early on I will totally spank ya aars.

And what I do is not rushing, it's moving my defence line to my opponents base!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ordos = Mobility. If you expect an ordos player to build up defence and wait till you come annihilate it you are an idiot. Ordos has weak armor generally so it needs to win by "sneakyness".

If I see a large force comming to a spicefield where my las tanks have some quality time with my enemy harvesters I will move them away. No point in fighting a battle you can't win. Ordos may have weak armor but they won't lose units in pointless fights...

And besides, when I anoy my enemy he is to busy to defend so he won't start a good attack on me.  ;)

I'm an atreides player. I like to build a solid defence and from there, make offence against one (maybe a few) target(s) at a time.

Rushing is just annoying. One thing to do in games of 3+ players is the rule of peacetime. This is agreed upon for a set time, and no attacks are allowed. Any breach of this brings all players' wraths down onto the head of the offender. Scouts are usually allowed close to, but not into bases (they can be killed if they come too close.)

i thought rushes were apart of all warfare. i mainly use rushes for harvester harassment and entrapment. Using fast units to bring in the big fishes, and BAM, start reeling in (using carryalls is fun, sabotuers even more fun, but deviators are just plain evil ;D)Rushes cause confusion and rash decisons, which are vital in every campaign.

Evilbaron........how could they use devastators!!!  Im suprised they attepted it  ;D

I've never actually used rushes in battle other than a quick go to see what its was like in some skirmishes against AI.

I think the main reason everyone is p***ed off about them is how effective it can be.

Nema, I use the tactics as you do and I think its one of the bestways to go about it. I used play the game called Cossacks in which yuo could have peace time and no-one was aloowed to attack.

I think that it should also be included in the game. Over-all im agreeing with you fully so far Nema Fakei :)

By the way, what is everyones definition of "Rushing"? (Do I rush if I attack with 5 las tanks very early or..?)

I think it's mostly the weak atreides  ::) that are against rushes since they can't defend well with their crappy slow units.  ;D

House Ordos will prevail!

Wit a rush, you select one level of unit (infantry, light/heavy vehicle, superweapon (usually in other games), etc) and aim to get a small army of them as soon as possible with the intention of catching the enemy without similar means or adequate approppriate defences against you chosen unit group. Rushes start from the first second of the game, and only then.

Sometimes, infantry and simple vehicles can combine to make a rush. It's far more rare.

Guest Crockerjarmon

Keep in mind there are no rules of engagement on Dune. Any tactic is valid in the game. Well I am not a rusher and  I find no reason to hate rushing. Rushing is a similar tactic used by many armies in alot of real wars. Russian soldiers were famous for their all-out mass rush during world war 2. North Vietnamese did the same to the US. So why not let rushing also be part of the tactic used in the game? Let's not limit the ways we play any game out there.