Infantry rush

elyven

Hello people,

I was wondering an early infantry rush with a mass of infantry like 20 or so..a couple of snipers and a decent number of kindjals would be approriate for a rush...

basically the snipers take out troop killers like flame infantry and chemical infantry and the the kindjals take out early units like sand bikes and dust saw..coupled with a few engineers to take out buildings like the barracks, construstion yard and factory. I wonder this would prove effective in early game rushes...any comments from clanner or veteran players?

Rush = attack very early (in a game).

Blitzkreig = Focus all offence at one point to effectively break someone's defence.

I have never seen someone NOT focusing his attack on one point and spread it instead so everyone uses the blitzkreig anyway.

Rushes however can only be done at the beginning of the game. (Useally units which are build only of your starting money)

And a Infantry will almost always fail.

Oh yeah: "House Ordos will prevail!" ;D

If you want to have a decent game, don't rush.

Blitz: Lightning

Kreig: War

-  The Blitzkreig was meant to take out an enemy quickly and immediately by pumping all the country's resources into defeating one country. As it happened, the UK couldn't be Blitz'd, so Hitler's tactic is not a sure winner. (But it was close)

I see nothing wrong with rushes just remember they do not always work on your opponent. It would be advisable to use better field tatics to unsure a victory (and a descent game) against your enemy. If planning to rush use it at the begining as suggested before by someone on this thread if only to slow down your enemies progress (if it actually works).

As Ordos I will useally build 5 las tanks very early and start anoying the enemy.  ;D

There is very often a weak spot in his base defence (Useally a small, not well defended enterance), so I will move my las tanks quickly to that spot and damage/destroy some buildings. Useally the opponent will move his forces to that location and thus I will run like a big chicken and attack at the other enterance which he left undefended to repel my first "attack".

Works only against slow moving targets ofcource, mostly arteides therefore...  ::)

If he menages to get a good base defence I will start anoy his harvesters so he needs to sent units to the spice field and thus there is useally another weak spot in his base defence.

To counter this threat I always put infantry close together in a line around my base to stop units from passing them. (I.e hold them where you want them: In front of the defence line)

hmmmmm.....good stratagy but the one I really hate most. When people do that I feel like just hitting them  ;D  Its a good method of course though.

The Harvesters are so valuable but p*** you off so badly when all you hear is 'Unit Lost'.......'Unit Lost'.

That would work against me so well but unfortunately for you I dont go online much  ;D

k wuts with all the "new guys" and the fredykin lol.....half this page is them...anywaz blitz wasnt just attacking at one point,,,,....they flanked as well. also if u want to do a "real" blitz....one reason why the germans were so good cause they were very mechanized.....tanks instead of artillery. as for troops insterad of marching men the troops would be in trucks (APC) and "shipped" from one place to another.

i think the rush tatic is a cowerd tactics  :-[

Because it is to finish a game that can go to a path of more fun.

I was rush many times in starcraft was constant now i built barrcks more quick and made some man to hold off the invaders   ::)

i know that someones love to do that but what is the joy to finish a game in 5-9 min  :o

i am gald that war 3 will have a breack to rush tactics ;D ;D

and the best way to have good ppl to play is to teech the new who to defend atack not to be defeated in short  time and be called every names

maybe i dont have reason to say that but is this what i think ;)

I was thinking about htis stratagy last night and came to this conclusion:

Rushing is not cheating and is not wrong. In some cases it can show that the player is skilled and can execute it right or it can show he uses tactics to his advantage. On the other hand it could be a despertion move that shows the carlessness in someone therefore showing that they are not as skilled as thought. Doing the opposite has the same effect and conclusion. Waiting could be finding a weakness in the enemy and probing it with units untill you can get in with minimal unit loss which shows good tactics and skill or they could be scared to attack fearing that while they use thier units, enemy will attack the players base which shows not much skill or tactics. Each have disadvantages and advantages.

The only way we could decide if rushing is good or not is to have a vote.

I am going to vote AGAINST rushes.