HTML5

Post examples of html5 technologies and related news here.

I remember posting one somewhere on this forum a while back but not sure where (was video example).

Just found while searching for updated software

Block based destruction of HTML5 video, best viewed in webkit based browsers.

Shoot the image to have it "blow up" (shoot multiple times as well).

Quake II Ported to HTML5

With video.

EDIT:

Found the other html5 example

video example

EDIT:

canvasdemos a large amount of html5 tech demos.

• 4 weeks later...

Not so much HTML5, but I found it cool how Google managed to do so much with HTML4, Javascript & CSS with that Pac-Man game they created for the Google Logo celebrating its 30th anniversary. Ok so they used Flash for the sound, but HTML5 covers that now! I guess HTML5 really has potential to be the Flash killer!

YouTube is opt in html 5

Do you need a youtube account in order to opt in? Or does simple cookie remember?

Where is the option?

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/html5

has a simple thing to click on. No registration. Doesn't seem, to work for me. Guess I'll have to wait until firefox comes out with webm version. Hopefully 3.6.x release will enable webm, and not wait for firefox 4.0

EDIT:

I installed Chromium daily ppa which has webm support. youtube works.

Chrome is nice and fast, but without proper adblock+ it is useless. Going to some websites there are video ads playing and my CPU goes up to 70% (both cores) while it plays all the ads.

Sorry, but a core2duo should be fast enough to browse the internet.

Do you need a youtube account in order to opt in? Or does simple cookie remember?

Where is the option?

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/html5

has a simple thing to click on. No registration. Doesn't seem, to work for me. Guess I'll have to wait until firefox comes out with webm version. Hopefully 3.6.x release will enable webm, and not wait for firefox 4.0

EDIT:

I installed Chromium daily ppa which has webm support. youtube works.

Chrome is nice and fast, but without proper adblock+ it is useless. Going to some websites there are video ads playing and my CPU goes up to 70% (both cores) while it plays all the ads.

Sorry, but a core2duo should be fast enough to browse the internet.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

Good you mentioned that, so I will 'never' install Chrome and waste my time. Thanks.

Well you could always install it and try it, but if you are looking for proper adblock+ for chrome, there is none. Although you could install hosts file which would prevent some connections.

Well you could always install it and try it, but if you are looking for proper adblock+ for chrome, there is none. Although you could install hosts file which would prevent some connections.

well chrome is alot less resource intensive, and is better suited to multicore cpus.

Hell, im typing this on a 3ghz pentium 4 with 256 mb of ram with google chrome.

well chrome is alot less resource intensive, and is better suited to multicore cpus.

Hell, im typing this on a 3ghz pentium 4 with 256 mb of ram with google chrome.

Getting another 256mb ram stick will greatly increase performance of computer. If in usa/canada, you can probably find used sdram or ddrram for free. I know I got a bunch of old ram laying around. 1x128mb, 3x236mb sdram, 2x1gb ddr2 ram.

3ghz pemtium4 is good speed, but 256mb ram can barely run basic os/apps nowadays. And with older computers you want to avoid swapping to HDD at all costs, since HDD on older computers are slowwwwww (30mb/s on my 8 year old).

If using computer specifically for google chrome/internet, and not afraid of linux, try out Lubuntu. Which is a leightweight OS with chromium by default. I would run chromium ppa on it too for newest version.

If chrome gets proper adblock+, I can see lots of firefox users switching over to it.

I agree that chrome seems faster (even after I had it import all my firefox data). Which is great news because it forces every other browser to get better. Competition = good. MSFT monopoly on IE6 back in the day was bad for web browsers and the internet.

Getting another 256mb ram stick will greatly increase performance of computer. If in usa/canada, you can probably find used sdram or ddrram for free. I know I got a bunch of old ram laying around. 1x128mb, 3x236mb sdram, 2x1gb ddr2 ram.

3ghz pemtium4 is good speed, but 256mb ram can barely run basic os/apps nowadays. And with older computers you want to avoid swapping to HDD at all costs, since HDD on older computers are slowwwwww (30mb/s on my 8 year old).

If using computer specifically for google chrome/internet, and not afraid of linux, try out Lubuntu. Which is a leightweight OS with chromium by default. I would run chromium ppa on it too for newest version.

If chrome gets proper adblock+, I can see lots of firefox users switching over to it.

I agree that chrome seems faster (even after I had it import all my firefox data). Which is great news because it forces every other browser to get better. Competition = good. MSFT monopoly on IE6 back in the day was bad for web browsers and the internet.

this is only suited for internet and office software, its an old laptop, uses IDE, and it already had an hdd upgrade(from single platter 30gb to 80 gb dual platter.) Chrome is used because its optimal on both my pcs, the hard disk is basicly not noticeable, which is major on this system. I can live without adblock, if i dont see the ads and they are only in memory for 1 second then its fine, its never noticeable to me except when a site tells me im supposed to see an ad and dont

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...