Custom Campaign Creations

sandworm

Ive decided to make this thread for everyone who has customized maps or created their own.

Ill start off by posting mine:

Here is a remake of the O9V1 and V2 maps plus edited .mis files for each.

Somethings i added in these maps:

1.) Ordos base is setup with buildings already, so no wasting time on that.

2.) Mercenaries have a better stronghold. I.E. Construction Yard, Barracks, Light factory, additional turrets etc.

3.) I replaced the ordos base and mercenary bases with the Harkonnen and atreides, so no you occupy the Southern part of the map in V2.

4.) Slightly fortified the enemy bases.

5.) Mercenaries now get a sonic tank, devestator and deviator as reinforcements.

Things that i know that need fixing:

1.)There are alot of mis-placed textures, i know. Im using an old version of shai halud, so I cannot really tell what im placing down. Its hideous i know  Lips Sealed

2.) In V2, once that map starts, there will be some atreides units in your base and harkonnen units in mercenaries. This is due to the Reinforcement string that was made by westwood dev's. These units are created at startup of the map. Im pretty sure it can be edited (in the mission file specification topic)

If you need help knowing where these need to be places, notify me

Also make sure to create backups of these files, if you ever want to revert back to the original ones

Ordos Missions.zip

Indeed, the mercenary acts like a fully functional power in O9V1.  They can rebuild, build own units, replace harvesters, and even train and use their yellow saboteurs (their AI is still relatively poor).  Their greatest limitation is perhaps their side's heavy factory.  No missile tanks, no side specific tanks... putting them at a great disadvantage.

Indeed, the mercenary acts like a fully functional power in O9V1.  They can rebuild, build own units, replace harvesters, and even train and use their yellow saboteurs (their AI is still relatively poor).  Their greatest limitation is perhaps their side's heavy factory.  No missile tanks, no side specific tanks... putting them at a great disadvantage.

You can always copy the harkonan ai to the mercenaries.

I have created a completely new Mission 9 for Ordos.  Same overall objectives, and alliances, but you will find it completely different.  You won't know what hit you.

Relax, no Death Hand in a carryall.  Not yet.

The map used is a modified version of a skirmish map.  The mission is workable, I wouldn't expect errors.

More on the mission can be found on the readme text in the zip file attached.  Alternatively, use your editiors. :P

Play Dune 2000.  This is the mission.

Loval Midas

O9V1.zip

I have created a completely new Mission 9 for Ordos.  Same overall objectives, and alliances, but you will find it completely different.  You won't know what hit you.

Relax, no Death Hand in a carryall.  Not yet.

The map used is a modified version of a skirmish map.  The mission is workable, I wouldn't expect errors.

More on the mission can be found on the readme text in the zip file attached.  Alternatively, use your editiors. :P

Play Dune 2000.  This is the mission.

Loval Midas

Wow, that's pretty hard. Now I just stole a construction yard from the mercenaries. However there is a small bug. My harvester was destroyed and now I get a new one at the base of the brown team. Ouch...

Thumper, change it at your will.  You are supposed to capture the smuggler's base, that's why your new harvester is coded to appear in smuggler base.  And that is actually recommended, if you know that you receive 1 MCV and 21 other units if you capture (not destroy) the reinforcement point.  But stealing mercenary buildings is valid, though a bit underhand.  But feel free to change it, for I do have 2 non-working events and my tactic may not match yours.

Loval Midas

Thumper, change it at your will.  You are supposed to capture the smuggler's base, that's why your new harvester is coded to appear in smuggler base.  And that is actually recommended, if you know that you receive 1 MCV and 21 other units if you capture (not destroy) the reinforcement point.  But stealing mercenary buildings is valid, though a bit underhand.  But feel free to change it, for I do have 2 non-working events and my tactic may not match yours.

Loval Midas

Mercenary gives protection and had two construction yards, so I thought that was the most economical choice. :P

I don't know how to edit it. Could make some kind of tutorial about it?  :)

Mercenary gives protection and had two construction yards, so I thought that was the most economical choice. :P

I don't know how to edit it. Could make some kind of tutorial about it?  :)

No Problem!

Use a Hex Editor such as WinHex to open O9V1.mis, I think thats the mission were talking about.

Click search, then go to offset: EFC0. Youll see in position EFCC 04 00 01 02. This is the harvester drop if destroyed (I could be wrong) Youll see in position EFC0 6E, change this to the default which is 61, then change position EFC04 to 09. This is pretty much saying X Coordinate 61 Y Coord 09.

I THINK that will solve the problem. There is more in the mission file discussion topic, explained by loval.

Wow, that's pretty hard.

Come on, piece of cake. Not hard at all. That's the way I like missions. ;-)

NOTE: Smugglers are idle: They just defend and hold position. OK they are not supposed to attack as other houses, since they are smugglers, but something should be changed to their AI to be patrolling around their base.

Come on, piece of cake. Not hard at all. That's the way I like missions. ;-)

NOTE: Smugglers are idle: They just defend and hold position. OK they are not supposed to attack as other houses, since they are smugglers, but something should be changed to their AI to be patrolling around their base.

they get killed quickly anyway

You wanna make smugglers more effective?

-Take the base they are given in the ordos mission where you must capture their outpost. They should have a heavy factory, light factory and bararcks. Copy and paste them over. They will build units and fortify their base.

Quick question:

I would also like to get infantry (trooper or sardaukar) from starport, just like the mercenaries. I know it's possible, how do I do it? Which byte do I need to change?  :)

Lets take O9V2.mis file and open it with WinHex.

Now go to offset FAC0. Youll see under C4: 02 01 05 03. Change the 03 to 02. This will make it for the ordos house.

I also recommend changing the bytes starting from A to D you'll see 01 0D 0B 00. Change this to 01 0D 0C 1E. This means that as long as the mercenary starport stands, you'll get reinforcements.

Now you'll notice at offset FAE07 the number 04 shown 5 times. That means the frigate is going to drop 5 sardukar at your starport. If you want change some to 01 which is troopers. OR Change the value in offset FAC06 from 05 to lets say 10. In which you will get 10 units every drop.

For a full list of units look at post # 137 here http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=21953.120

Well the problem is that the shai halud can't extract the tilesets.

And I have some but are not right. Some of the parts in the tilesets are wrong and resulting in visual problems in the maps. If you have the right tilesets can you give me a link to them ?