Dune References in (Un)Popular Media

Mahdi

Funny how the advoCADO comic works on the pc from my parents. It's a good one.

Perhaps I should do some updates that I find usuall worthless.

But then again. I watch this forum with Firefox. Firefox is kinda late with updates.

One of my colleges has a grandchild called Dune.

http://nameberry.com/babyname/Dune

Dune looks beautiful. It seems to be more common each day.

Some suggest Doon? Looks like Doom, wouldn't do that. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

That Geidi Primes albums i keep hearing about seem interesting enough. Anyone heard some of it and would recommend it to others?

In any case might try to acquire it anyway.

Not sure if it's been previously posted but Iron Maiden made this song name "

" which is totally about Dune.

That Geidi Primes albums i keep hearing about seem interesting enough. Anyone heard some of it and would recommend it to others?

In any case might try to acquire it anyway.

I've become a fan of her music. Check out some of her songs on youtube to see if you like her style of music.

EDIT: I think most/all of her geidi primes album is on youtube.

• 3 weeks later...

Al_Gore_31.jpg

Futurama 5x01 Crimes of the Hot

Presentor: It is my pleasure to present the host of the Kyoto global warming conference. The inventor of the environment, and first emperor of the moon Al Gore.
Al Gore: I have ridden the mighty moon worm!
Fry: Good for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember seeing an atrocious bad/amateurish film named Hirokin: the last samurai (!!!) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1693679/?ref_=sr_6). The whole thing is about this dude on a planet inhabited by both humans and some other human species. The other human species has very obvious blue veins on their hands and they're outcasts mostly because of the humans. Also the planet is ruled by governor Griffin who hates the samurais (the blue-veined dudes) and wants to exterminate them. Also the whole fighting takes place with melee weapons.

It rang a bell for me :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I remember correctly in Dune there's the "red duke" referring to Leto and the Atreides' heraldic symbol, the red hawk. The Harkonnen Baron isn't attributed any color, but the Harkonnen flag seems to have blue in it (again, if I remember correctly). This would be why in Cryo's Dune the Harkonnens were blue and the Atreides were red.

Westwood switched the colors as a refference to the the Harkonnen being the USSR and the Atreides being the "west" (again, my personal idea).

Baron Richthoffen's nickname came from him having painted one of his fighter aircraft bright red, standing out from the whole Imperial german Air Force. I don't think there's any connection between him and Dune.

I think Mr.Fibble would be able to sort this one out better than us :D

• Upvote 1