assault tank drop like flys

thomas

:] get3-5 sonic tank tanks and put them near your bases entrance(make sure they are spaced apart and no units of yours are in front of them or else the will be fried:] ) if your enemy send assault tanks and kobra tanks 1 hit from a sonic tank ank KA-BLOOEY ;) but rushs of tanks will soon get them while they are reloading so have a few mins. behind them for some support

What use are they if almost every other unit in the game can take them out. Being that they are called "assault tanks" their armour should be heavier and more fire power. They should call them "ass out" tanks cause that's what happens when you use them in a defense front. ARRRGGHH!!

don't underestimate assault tanks, if they hit you early enough they will destroy you. but i agree they are total crap and a few mongoos should take them out, i mean they are harkonnen after all they should have been stronger, after i have played with the harkonnen for a little while i began to notice that theyre units are all impotent and uselless.

The problem I have with them Assault Tanks is when they attack Ordos units. (If TJB is reading this, he will jump in here and tell you how Ordos are the best :(.) Those Assault Tanks just sit there turning left and right as those Ordos Las Tanks move around, not firing at anything. Really, REALLY irritating, that! I mean, I attacked an Ordos force with Assault Tanks and Flame Tanks (I don't actually play for the Harkonnen much) and they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It was a good thing nobody was watching :-[!

Guest Dev@st@tor

Oh puh-lease, havent you guyz learnt of FORCE-FIRE? when those laser tanks come up to me for the usual circle strafe, i just force

fire into where they are heading and BOOM!!! no more puzzy laser tanks. IF they change direction, even better, since they slow down

and are hit more easily. I always have assualt tanks mixed with missile tanks, they provide protection for both, and ive kicked the azz of many ordos or atredies player on multiplayer with them. If they send masses of minos, i just get infiltrators in between them, not only do they make the minos hit each other due to splash damage, but they hurt the minos with their explosions aswell. Then i simply do hit and run attacks with missile tanks to finish them off, its easy as hell to dodge mino salvos, u just need practice. All this, and i havent even started with the gunships and troopers.

You newbies simply have to learn how to play Harkonnen,it takes practice but Brute Strength is nothing unless you can control it.

lol... I think most of us here can agree that the Harkos are as gay and as impotent as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen himself. Assault tanks are crap, yet whenever I play as the Harks I build them by the dozens, craptacular compared to other units, but the only real choice yiu have as a harkonnen commander.

I agree that assault tanks are crap but mixed with some missile tanks and some buzzsaws they can be a pretty good combination, put the buzzsaws in to get the infantry, the tanks and missile tanks can get anything else, tou could use flame anks instead of buzzsaws but they have a habit of doing serious damage to your own units. The Harkonnen are okay but their units shhould have more armor. The Best thing about harkonnen is what a bunch af devastators can do to a base when airlifted in.

I've been playing RTS's since '93 myself.  Dune 2 battle for arrakis... those were the good ole days.  And then cnc, Red Alert... will the fun never end.  However I truly believe that any house is as good as their commander utilizes them to be.  The HK's require alot of depth and experience to handle properly, while other houses take alot faster to master.  However my favorite house in actuality is house harkonnen (personally because I'm evil too :) ) their units are made to complement each other in battle, however most ppl just believe that they lack true hardcore, in your face firepower.  Again hopefully that will be rectified.

I started in 93 or 94 some time after Dune II came out :)

I think Missile tanks rock... I think Assault Tanks are crap... I think Gunships are the best :)

Flame tanks are good tho... you rush them to laser tanks and just do some damage to slow em down then your other units can mop up... tho Troopers are also effective at that

Guest Dev@st@tor

ROFLMAO, you guys take my posts too seriously. I was merely making fun of how pointless your criticisms are. You can say how much the harkonnen suck till your faces turn blue, but in the end that will achieve nothing, since Westwood will not do any major balancing changes to the game, apart from slightly increasing the moongooses speed (i think). So i took the liberty of starting a post to get you guyz thinking more constructively (have any of you guys actually tried force firing against fast units?)

(i know, i know, im just too kind)

So apologise to me you ungrateful scum!!!!!!!!!!!

Individually assault tanks will be mowed down, but isn't the point of Emperor to make u think strategically. No more tank(assault tank) rushes can be effective. So like so many have said keep them in groups with a variety of units.

I remember that for sega saturn but I have you beat did you ever play Hergwizt(not the correct spelling) on sega genisis? That is what really got me into RTS game play. I know this off the topic but when you mentioned that it brought back memories.

We now Devas... we know, historically speaking WS has never done anything like that, till an expansion, and even their expansion are somewhat unbalanced. Remeber Red Alert 1? The expansion was supposed to beef up the allies... instead the soviets got 4 new (powerful units) and the allies got 3 somewhat usful ones. However thats what mods are for... taking the balance into our own hands. Thank god for mods.

Guest Dreys

Taking mods into our own hands. Your are rather correct on that subject, but have you noticed that with all the Dune games WW never allows us to really "modify" them; not compared to Tiberian Sun (which really really needed modding) and all the other games. Dune2k (I had a mod site up for it and about 5 or more mods on that site, www.dunearch.f2s.com) was only able to change the tech tree, modify the units a little bit, and do some other helpful things. You could modify it but not to the great extent you can with TS. An currently you have to do it manually (What a pain in the arse) where as you have TibED for Dune2k with the patch for TibED that allows you to modify it using TibED. WW made Dune2k rather ballanced, well, very balanced compared to Dune3k. Excluding the Attradies haveing (technically) 4 power weapons; and having the ordos rather weak.

LaterZ,

-Dreys

"Your best defense is making your adversary fear deterence."

Force-fire? that might work against las-tanks but not against kobras, 5 kobras with some (10) las tanks will totaly obliterate the harkkonen forces. just use the las-tanks to irritate the enemy and keep them away from your Kobras then you deploy the kobras and take out his defenses. The las tanks need not circle anyway, the sacrifice of one is nothing if it helps the victory of many you just need more. take some troopers with you in apc's they might help with anti-air defence.

Ps. i know this is actually an ordos strat

Against a clump of assault tanks I'd rather use (trumpet blow and drum roll here) THE SONIC TANK. Man, if I ran one up to that clump (sonic tanks are better at short range), I'd probably take out a few tanks in one shot.