Bratislava/Vienna/Budapest

Dunenewt

I'm going to these three cities in the next couple of weeks, could anyone recommend anything to do?  I'm pretty sure Caid Ivik can?  Doesn't he come from Bratislava and go to university in Vienna?  If you're around Caid, give me some ideas!

My memory of Budapest is vague at best. The only thing I remember relatively clearly is some ruins on the Buda side upon which a Hilton (?) hotel was built, with ruins and excavation sites covered with glass, some unearthed artifacts exposed like in a museum. I'm not sure if the ruins are ancient Roman or medieval though ???

My memory of Budapest is vague at best. The only thing I remember relatively clearly is some ruins on the Buda side upon which a Hilton (?) hotel was built, with ruins and excavation sites covered with glass, some unearthed artifacts exposed like in a museum. I'm not sure if the ruins are ancient Roman or medieval though ???

Yes, that's the castle I was talking about - although I don't remember any hotel. It's a medieval settlement built on top of an old Roman castrum, if I remember correctly, so there are walls and artifacts from multiple periods.

Wiener Schnitzel?

yummy!

Dunenewt - I don't know how you feel about horses - but Wien have the Spanish Riding School. I'd love to see the city in the future. I don't know how you feel about classical music - but there's always the Wiener Philharmoniker?

I think one of the other people I'm going with mentioned the Philharmoniker.  The Spanish Riding School looks interesting!  I know we're going to a History Museum where they have the car that Archduke Franz Ferdinand was travelling in when he was killed, and the gun that killed him, amongst other things.

• 2 weeks later...