Green Dune

Neil

I've completed my game and now I'm trying to turn Dune into a 100% lush green paradise! All my Fremen troops are planting trees and some parts of the map have very thick forests now. I've built a windtrap in every location (that was tedious I can tell you). Unfortunately trees begin to die if they're not tended but on average they are growing more than dying. The planet is looking better from the 3D map view. I'll attach a screenshot when I've got it even better. Has anybody ever covered the planet fully with trees before?

• 2 years later...
I've completed my game and now I'm trying to turn Dune into a 100% lush green paradise! All my Fremen troops are planting trees and some parts of the map have very thick forests now. I've built a windtrap in every location (that was tedious I can tell you). Unfortunately trees begin to die if they're not tended but on average they are growing more than dying. The planet is looking better from the 3D map view. I'll attach a screenshot when I've got it even better. Has anybody ever covered the planet fully with trees before?

Impossible to do. Water accumulates too slowly so this is only a matter of time when tress will fade again.

• 8 months later...

It never quite completely fills in as I recall.  Been awhile, but I remember doing the same thing a few times.  You can keep working on it but you end up reaching a point where nothing much happens.  It was still fun to see it go as far as it can though.  Hmm..., I think I might have to dig that game back out and do that again now that you've brought it up.  Thanks.