Zetumer's Script Completely Scrapped?

Mahdi

Over in the Duniverse forum Jasonspazz has alerted us to another interview with Pierre Morel, this time with IGN.  The only real new piece of information is that the entire script by Zetumer has been tossed and Morel is starting completely from scratch with new "mystery" writers.  This development pushes Dune further back from production than it was before.  No script, no known writers, no cast, no crew, no schedule - we're basically back to square one.  If this movie ever gets made I will be very, very surprised.

On another note, Mass Effect 2 was released earlier this week.  Gobalopper wants you to buy it.  If you have got it, how're you liking it?

Blogged it Sunday, my time ... old news! :P

Was trying to play up the "mystery scribes" angle, to get some new anti-KJA/Fuzzhead angst flowing, but TheDukester pointed out that if it were really the two of them, PastyHiker would have been Tweeting & blahgging his ugly bald head off about it by now.

Maybe it's Bresson, after all? He's written on several of Morel's films, IIRC.

Dune 2020 FTW! ;D

Besson would be cool, Leon was amazing.

Someone is forgetting Besson's only sci-fi film was The Fifth Element and only other epic was The Messenger.  Niether of those films gives me much of a desire to see a version of Dune written by him. 

He makes cheesey action films, and he makes them well.  That's all he does.  Dune is not a ceesey action film.  Or, at least, it shouldn't be.