Another Director for Dune

Mahdi

It seems the studio really likes the shaky-cam concept of Dune.  EW is reporting that Paramount has hired Pierre Morel to direct Dune.  This choice isn't one that fills me with confidence.  Taken was good, but looking over Morel's other credits... Personally, I had a lot more faith in Berg.

I'd be scared to try and take anyone to the theatres with me. They havn't even seen the original movie or miniseries. Reactions I'd get:

Original movie - wtf 80s stuff was that the guy from sex and the city?

miniseries - snore (5 hours!)

I guess I could persuade them to go, but if it's a letdown then no way I'd get them to watch movie/mini.

Also, when I see Taken, I think of Steven Spielberg's miniseries. Don't think I've seen the movie.

Hopefully it's a success and they do next two books, and by then CGI for GEoD would be good to make Leto.

This would be the third time for Dune, try some other books. I would think hunters/chapterhouse could work for movies. Sadly they'd probably combine them and cut out 95% of the books.

Also, when I see Taken, I think of Steven Spielberg's miniseries. Don't think I've seen the movie.

Ha ha, that was my first reaction, too. And that would have made some sense, I guess, it being science fiction.

Then I googled Morel and ... oh well.

Luc Besson won't be involved.  He writes and produces his own movies, Dune already has writers and producers.  Plus, The Transporter isn't exactly the same type of film as Dune.