Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

You can always find it here:

https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/

dune2000.exe was updated, cncnet5.exe, config and multilanguage

There is also a cool color patch that wyq made, not sure if he posted it here in the forums. We are all using it already, it's neat

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 7:28 PM, puchu69 said:

i have a problem for this mode

It's almost impossible to help you with the information you provided :D

What is the problem? Is there any error message? Does the game start up? Black screen or any other bugs? What windows do you have? Did you try with and without GDI mode?

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

• 1 month later...

Well, after several years I found this project for Dune 2000, I grow up with the Dune 2 and 2000 later, and of course wanted to play it again. Installed the latest version 1.6.2.2, and seems that I can start everything in the launcher, only Launch Campain doesnt work for me. No error, just does nothing. Searched for solutions here in the forum, tried some settings in the video settings, downloaded all other stuff from the installer, reinstall, nothing helped so far.

Any ideas?

Win 7 64 bit

Thanks, Mike from Germany

• 3 weeks later...

Got the 1.6.2.2 version istalled, with the cutscenes and all, on Win 8.1 Pro, 64 bit. The game seems to run, but there are no movies/cutscenes playing (no no no, can't play without them).

Couple of issues:

> The movie folder contains blank-dummy files (all 0 kB)... huh!?!?
> I assume, ive got a problem with the .NET framework files (requiers 3.5 when i try to launch Dune2000config). I got the 4.5 Advance services, yet i cannot activate or install any of the 3.5 ones (still requiers the 3.5's while trying to install or activate the 3.5's). What gives !?

U guys have kept solving issues and keeping the game going for years now, BIG respect. How about cracking this then?

On 3/26/2017 at 1:05 PM, povilitasgt said:

Got the 1.6.2.2 version istalled, with the cutscenes and all, on Win 8.1 Pro, 64 bit. The game seems to run, but there are no movies/cutscenes playing (no no no, can't play without them).

Couple of issues:

> The movie folder contains blank-dummy files (all 0 kB)... huh!?!?
> I assume, ive got a problem with the .NET framework files (requiers 3.5 when i try to launch Dune2000config). I got the 4.5 Advance services, yet i cannot activate or install any of the 3.5 ones (still requiers the 3.5's while trying to install or activate the 3.5's). What gives !?

U guys have kept solving issues and keeping the game going for years now, BIG respect. How about cracking this then?

I heard about the cutscene problem a few times now, will have a look into it today and forward the issue.

The config program requires .NET 2.0 which is part of the .NET 3.5 installation on windows 8. You normally don't have to worry about it, windows 8 can automatically download and install it on demand, you don't have to do anything.

Note: .NET 4.5 doesn't contain the files for 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. Having 4.5 installed only allows you to run 4.5 and 4.0 applications

Windows is unable to download the 3.5 files from Microsoft automaticaly, some connection issues remain, yet connection to the net is always just fine. Trying to install the 3.5 Full pack manualy downloaded from Microsoft, windows say, that you need the 3.5's to do that. Now thats silly... Or is that, because there are'nt any previuos versions of .NET on the system? Im realy lost in these matters...

Allright! Got rid of the problemm with the .NET 3.5, many thanks Funky !!!

The problemm with the movies folder however still remains, movie files are blank (all 0kB), reinstalled the 1.6.2.2 a bunch off times, yet still the same...
Any news abou that one?

Edited by povilitasgt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 6:33 PM, povilitasgt said:

Allright! Got rid of the problemm with the .NET 3.5, many thanks Funky !!!

The problemm with the movies folder however still remains, movie files are blank (all 0kB), reinstalled the 1.6.2.2 a bunch off times, yet still the same...
Any news abou that one?

Took some time sorry... Please reinstall the game, it should be working now again

• 2 months later...

First of all, thank you very much to Gruntlord for your amazing work!

I have spent the last 2 days trying to get D2K running on my computer. The specs are:

Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 GHz
nVidia GeForce Go 7900 GTX 512MB DDR3
Windows Vista Professional

I have tried a native install and also a Microsoft Virtual PC with Windows 98 and Windows XP service Pack 3.

On each machine I have tried:

1. native install
2. native install + patched to 1.06 official
3. native install + patched to 1.06 official +  Hi-Res Patch v. 1.4.1
4. Dune 2000: GruntMods Edition 1.6.2.2

On each system the game loads but I get the black screen with the music playing.

I have tried running in administrator, 256 colour, Windows 95 compatibility, Windows 98 compatibility, Windows XP compatibility etc. Many combinations.

I would really like to get the  GruntMods Edition running on my Vista installation so I don't have to mess around with Virtual Machines.

The issue is the black screen. Is there a video card driver for my NVidia video card that might work? I can try this and get back to you.

Any assistance much appreciated.

EDIT: DirectX version: DirectX 11

Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Chip type: NVIDIA
Driver Name: vga
Driver Version: 6.00.6001.18000 (English)

For a start, it looks like I need to update the video card driver.

Edited by perthguv
Update DX version

22 hours ago, perthguv said:

Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Nasty.  It should say nVidia GeForce Go 7900 GTX 512MB DDR3.

I downloaded the latest GeForce drivers from NVidia and it is all working now. I must say Gruntlord6 that the game is very impressive looking with the GruntMods Edition.

Only problem is that the drivers are beta and a bit unstable on my machine. The drivers keep crashing and recovering but not while playing. Unfortunately Toshiba is not supporting this machine any more, so no drivers at all from them.

• 1 month later...

On my pc too, the game crashed now and then (it even crashed the OS - Windows 10). Also, the cutscenes didn't play (black screen). These issues seem to have been resolved by configuring the video options (via the launcher/updater menu): 

• check Force DirectDraw emulation
  • check Cutscene Change Resolution
  • check Enable DxWnd
  • check GDI Mode

Hopefully this helps someone. :-)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/27/2018 at 9:58 AM, mani9977 said:

The game works for me but for some reason the cutscenes don't. I have ticked them when the program asked me. I also experimented with the options and still no result. Any advice?

Try selecting your language from the configure settings option in the launcher.
image.png.9309dfa3f6db32b95f31a2b4537f2ccb.png

Hi,    

I have been testing Gruntmods Edition in Spanish and I have found a small error with the fonts, some Spanish special characters are not displayed correctly, I have replaced the file FONTSpa.FNT, for the original and now they are displayed correctly.

I have the original game in Spanish, I can upload the cutscenes and the file FONTSpa.FNT.

The game works correctly, but it shows very annoying blinks.

Greetings.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, VLPlissken said:

Everytime i try to play, it shows a message saying "File not found bloxbgbs.r16" and the game closes. Does anyone have this problem and knows what it means? I have Windows Vista Premium.

Aye mate, that's a terrain data file. It should be in the default installation and that error should only show up on maps that use the "bloxbgbs" tileset. Try loading up a few different maps and see if the error changes at all. If there are other files missing, perhaps something went wrong during installation.

Here's my bloxbgbs.r16 file. It goes in "data" under your main D2k directory. Try loading up any maps that crashed before and see if it works with the file in place.
BLOXBGBS.R16

Good luck!

I have identical issue (just different system - Windows 8), I'm afraid that it's not because of some kind of issue during installing game and/or downloading - I've tried to re-download installer from Gruntmods website, as well as reinstall the game - but there is still the same issue. I've copied the file you've uploaded here Fey (many thanks for that), I've found out that this file swas completely missing in data folder. Now when I've got it, I can finally play in normally (disclaimer - issue was caused no matter which campaign (or skirmish map) I've tried to play.

22 hours ago, VLPlissken said:

Everytime i try to play, it shows a message saying "File not found bloxbgbs.r16" and the game closes. Does anyone have this problem and knows what it means? I have Windows Vista Premium.

1 hour ago, MartiusR said:

I have identical issue (just different system - Windows 8), I'm afraid that it's not because of some kind of issue during installing game and/or downloading - I've tried to re-download installer from Gruntmods website, as well as reinstall the game - but there is still the same issue. I've copied the file you've uploaded here Fey (many thanks for that), I've found out that this file swas completely missing in data folder. Now when I've got it, I can finally play in normally (disclaimer - issue was caused no matter which campaign (or skirmish map) I've tried to play.

I have two questions (to both of you)
1) When you both downloaded gruntmod? Was before 25 october of after that day? (Gruntlord6 updated the installer that day; he may miss that file while doing it).
2) Do you both have these files into the "data" folder?:
*BLOXBASE.r16
*BLOXBAT.r16
*BLOXBGSG.r16
*BLOXICE.r16
*BLOXTREE.r16
*BLOXWAST.r16
*BLOXXMAS.r16

All those files are the basic dune 2000 tilesets; so check to be sure that all of them are there. If only BGSG it's missing the file Fey's uploaded should be enough, but in any case report here, so we can inform to Gruntlord6 that maybe he skipped something on the last update.

Edited by Cm_blast