Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

16 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I have two questions (to both of you)
1) When you both downloaded gruntmod? Was before 25 october of after that day? (Gruntlord6 updated the installer that day; he may miss that file while doing it).
2) Do you both have these files into the "data" folder?:
*BLOXBASE.r16
*BLOXBAT.r16
*BLOXBGSG.r16
*BLOXICE.r16
*BLOXTREE.r16
*BLOXWAST.r16
*BLOXXMAS.r16

All those files are the basic dune 2000 tilesets; so check to be sure that all of them are there. If only BGSG it's missing the file Fey's uploaded should be enough, but in any case report here, so we can inform to Gruntlord6 that maybe he skipped something on the last update.

Hello Cm_blast, I've downloaded game in 29th October, so it seems that it's the problem with the newest version of the installer.

I've checked my data folder and there wasn't present mentioned " bloxbgbs.r16", I also see that there is no "bloxbgsg.r16", "bloxice.r16 " (only "bloxice.r8) and no "bloxxmas.r16" (again, only version with .r8).

Edited by MartiusR
Precising that I was referring to the new version of installer

1 hour ago, MartiusR said:

Hello Cm_blast, I've downloaded game in 29th October, so it seems that it's the problem with the newest version of the installer.

I've checked my data folder and there wasn't present mentioned " bloxbgbs.r16", I also see that there is no "bloxbgsg.r16", "bloxice.r16 " (only "bloxice.r8) and no "bloxxmas.r16" (again, only version with .r8).

Thanks for the info; seems that the very last installer have problems (I downloaded like 1 year ago), and seems that you are missing every single tileset of the game.

On your other post someone said how he solve it.
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27821-dune-2000-gruntsmodeedition-error-during-launching-any-mission/?do=findComment&comment=395928

You can try to do that, at least to be able to play the game; i'll contact gruntlords about this.

Just pick every single r.16 files you see there; there are 9, i Think, called "BLOX<something"; that you should have into your data. If you want to be 100% sure extract and move all the r16 files you find on the data folder.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 10/31/2018 at 1:34 PM, Fey said:

Aye mate, that's a terrain data file. It should be in the default installation and that error should only show up on maps that use the "bloxbgbs" tileset. Try loading up a few different maps and see if the error changes at all. If there are other files missing, perhaps something went wrong during installation.

Here's my bloxbgbs.r16 file. It goes in "data" under your main D2k directory. Try loading up any maps that crashed before and see if it works with the file in place.
BLOXBGBS.R16

Good luck!

Thank you, this worked and completely solved my problem.

58 minutes ago, VLPlissken said:

Thank you, this worked and completely solved my problem

Check if you have the other r.16 files mentioned in the list I did above; if those are missing game may trigger another error depending of the map.

If those are missing too (and/or the game show you another error about missing another .16 file) you can get those using the solution posted here:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27821-dune-2000-gruntsmodeedition-error-during-launching-any-mission/?do=findComment&amp;comment=395928

Just now, Cm_blast said:

Check if you have the other r.16 files mentioned in the list I did above; if those are missing game may trigger another error depending of the map.

If those are missing too (and/or the game show you another error about missing another .16 file) you can get those using the solution posted here:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27821-dune-2000-gruntsmodeedition-error-during-launching-any-mission/?do=findComment&amp;comment=395928

The only file I got is the "BLOXBGBS.R16" given to me by Fey. Download it yourself and check it.

3 hours ago, VLPlissken said:

The only file I got is the "BLOXBGBS.R16" given to me by Fey. Download it yourself and check it.

Aye, as Cm said there are a few other terrain data files with similar names, like "BLOXBASE.r16" for example. If you encounter further crashes because the game can't find those files either, just let us know. :)

6 hours ago, VLPlissken said:

CesarIII said that the .exe itself has all the files there; here, in this post

So maybe it's the instalation what it's going wrong; I already contacted Gruntlord (in charge of gruntmods), but meanwhile try to use the solution given in the previous link and get all the .r16 files you find on the /data folder to copy them into your installed game.

At least you can play the game until a new installers it's release.

If you encounter any other missing file error report it too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 11:22 PM, macdonald71 said:

anyone having issues with the original campaign i just downloaded this and nine if the cutscenes work it just black screens any tips gents?

Have you tried changing the graphics settings?

Is anyone still getting tileset errors?

• 1 month later...

anyone having issues with the original campaign i just downloaded this and nine if the cutscenes work it just black screens any tips gents?

Yep. All black screens regardless of changing graphics settings.

Also, impossible to shell out of the game without the graphics screwing up when going back into the game.

I'm wanting to use Cheat-machine but shelling to change values you can't do without graphical consequences.

Any help with the above would be most appreciated.

BTW, also getting a script error as soon as I open the dashboard.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Relayer

Hi guys, I have problem with Dune-2000-Gruntmods-Edition.

I was playing this with no problems, version 1.6.2.2,

new version 1.6.2.3 is problem, because

now it crash when I start mission, crash code 0xC0000005

Názov problémovej udalosti:    APPCRASH
  Názov aplikácie:    dune2000.exe
  Verzia aplikácie:    1.0.0.1
  Časová pečiatka aplikácie:    55d6d429
  Názov chybného modulu:    ntdll.dll

So I restart computer, turn of antivirus, firewall, reinstall, try all settings, run as admin, run as cimpatibility XP, run cmd > sfc /scan...  nothing works.

So I try to install back version 1.6.2.2 and it works!!!!!!!!!!

, till I run multiplayer, it on forst strat update and its not possible to run game as discribed above...

Anybody idea?

Its way to not auto update multiplayer and stay at version 1.6.2.2?

Its Win7, 64bit, HD graphics 4600

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2019 at 5:14 PM, KUKOLARIK said:

Hi guys, I have problem with Dune-2000-Gruntmods-Edition.

I was playing this with no problems, version 1.6.2.2,

new version 1.6.2.3 is problem, because

now it crash when I start mission, crash code 0xC0000005

Názov problémovej udalosti:    APPCRASH
  Názov aplikácie:    dune2000.exe
  Verzia aplikácie:    1.0.0.1
  Časová pečiatka aplikácie:    55d6d429
  Názov chybného modulu:    ntdll.dll

So I restart computer, turn of antivirus, firewall, reinstall, try all settings, run as admin, run as cimpatibility XP, run cmd > sfc /scan...  nothing works.

So I try to install back version 1.6.2.2 and it works!!!!!!!!!!

, till I run multiplayer, it on forst strat update and its not possible to run game as discribed above... 

Anybody idea? 

Its way to not auto update multiplayer and stay at version 1.6.2.2? 

Its Win7, 64bit, HD graphics 4600 

Having exactly the same issue here.. win7 x64 with AMD..

I guess we will never know as per when you posted without any answer :s

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. No idea what causes it. Have to re-install everytime it does happen. From what I have seen, its whenever you use CnCNet. It dosen't matter if its multiplayer, skirmish or LAN, the game will either not launch or it pops the "Access violation," error. Haven't tried the earlier versions to see if this happens.

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2019 at 4:43 PM, Colos said:

Same here. No idea what causes it. Have to re-install everytime it does happen. From what I have seen, its whenever you use CnCNet. It dosen't matter if its multiplayer, skirmish or LAN, the game will either not launch or it pops the "Access violation," error. Haven't tried the earlier versions to see if this happens.

Maybe @FunkyFr3sh will know more then, I haven't come across any freezing issues although I've had someone email me about it.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:43 PM, Colos said:

Access violation," error. Haven't tried the earlier versions to see if this happens.

oh i had this error years ago, for me it was that the game didnt like it being installed on D/ drive or any other except the default, so i installed it on C/ drive and everything worked.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys!

So I installed  the Gruntmods version of Dune2000 under Windows 7, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, i-3 540, 8GB Ram.

Unfortunately the game crashes after setting it up in the Lobby and I get these 2 error messages:

Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	dune2000-spawn.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.0.1
  Application Timestamp:	00000000
  Fault Module Name:	ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.24231
  Fault Module Timestamp:	5b6db230
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	0002e106
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	3079
  Additional Information 1:	4c0d
  Additional Information 2:	4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
  Additional Information 3:	4c0d
  Additional Information 4:	4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

sometimes this 2nd error pops up as well:

This Program requires a missing Windows component
Program: Old Spice

This Program requires flash.ocx, which is no longer included in this version of Windows

I figured out, that the game works when i change (in Old Spice Launcher) from DxWnd to DirectDraw!

So I can get it to run under DirectDraw now, but I still want to figure out the Problem and hopefully make it run under DxWnd too.

What I did so far:

Install latest Nvidia Drivers for my card

Install newest DirectX (was refused because I already had latest version)

I'll keep trying to get it to work under DxWnd, if you have any ideas please tell me what I can try next.
I also gave Admin permissions to the shortcut, and I have full admin rights myself.

still running under DirectDraw, today I unfortunately got this error while playing Harkonnen Campaign mission 2:

The game froze and the audio got stuck on repeating "warning" (worm sign) all over, luckily I could kill the program in Taskmanager.

Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	AppHangB1
  Application Name:	DUNE2000.EXE
  Application Timestamp:	55d6d429
  Hang Signature:	8e4d
  Hang Type:	2048
  Additional Hang Signature 1:	8e4ddb5ae4f8851d75f353f9776b197d
  Additional Hang Signature 2:	b144
  Additional Hang Signature 3:	b144cdb04d02e79c1aff119e99660154
  Additional Hang Signature 4:	8e4d
  Additional Hang Signature 5:	8e4ddb5ae4f8851d75f353f9776b197d
  Additional Hang Signature 6:	b144
  Additional Hang Signature 7:	b144cdb04d02e79c1aff119e99660154

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, Rittmeister said:

still running under DirectDraw, today I unfortunately got this error while playing Harkonnen Campaign mission 2:

The game froze and the audio got stuck on repeating "warning" (worm sign) all over, luckily I could kill the program in Taskmanager.

Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	AppHangB1
  Application Name:	DUNE2000.EXE
  Application Timestamp:	55d6d429
  Hang Signature:	8e4d
  Hang Type:	2048
  Additional Hang Signature 1:	8e4ddb5ae4f8851d75f353f9776b197d
  Additional Hang Signature 2:	b144
  Additional Hang Signature 3:	b144cdb04d02e79c1aff119e99660154
  Additional Hang Signature 4:	8e4d
  Additional Hang Signature 5:	8e4ddb5ae4f8851d75f353f9776b197d
  Additional Hang Signature 6:	b144
  Additional Hang Signature 7:	b144cdb04d02e79c1aff119e99660154

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

That's bizzare, maybe @FunkyFr3sh can shed some light.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, Alex Blade said:

hi guys!

I have trouble with cutscenes on w7x64

is there way to fix this issue ?   i have last grunt build

Sorry for the late reply, try settings the game language to English from the launcher settings after installing the cutscenes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...