Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

I have windows 7 64 bits profesional and when i open the file all the screen gets black. I tried installing the original version of dune 2000 and the same thing happens but i also can hear the music of the game. Any ideas? 

I have windows 7 64 bits profesional and when i open the file all the screen gets black. I tried installing the original version of dune 2000 and the same thing happens but i also can hear the music of the game. Any ideas? 

have you tried using the high resolution option in the installer?

I just got done updating and when I start start the game up I get a black screen for a second and it crashes with a message

And exception was encountered while performing the requested operation. [gGameTicks = 0 ]

I know that this is preventing me from play but It wasn't there before I updated. I have one more inquiry I was playing the game before I updated a while back and I noticed the game now stops for half a second then resumes it does this for the rest of the game. I did update my ATI catalyst with the beta drivers. Which was like pulling teeth because everytime you try and update ATI GPU's the damn thing takes a chance of failing on part of the installation. So Questions, comments, concerns are welcome and accepted I have to goto work RIGHT now. So toodles.

I just got done updating and when I start start the game up I get a black screen for a second and it crashes with a message

And exception was encountered while performing the requested operation. [gGameTicks = 0 ]

I know that this is preventing me from play but It wasn't there before I updated. I have one more inquiry I was playing the game before I updated a while back and I noticed the game now stops for half a second then resumes it does this for the rest of the game. I did update my ATI catalyst with the beta drivers. Which was like pulling teeth because everytime you try and update ATI GPU's the damn thing takes a chance of failing on part of the installation. So Questions, comments, concerns are welcome and accepted I have to goto work RIGHT now. So toodles.

I think it may have been something related to either your graphics card driver or the installer applying the settings for the High res patch when you don't have that installed (which it shouldn't have). Either way, I would recommend you try reinstalling from the latest installer and try again. If issues persist, I would revert the graphics driver to a more stable one after removing the current one (what is known as a "clean" install).

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

wait you  need grapic card to play dune 2000?

im using windows 7 32 bit professsional

it says this video card does not support the required modes

how to fix this?

That usually means that the resolution that the game is in is too large for the monitor. Did you download the GruntMods Edition?

• Upvote 1

Try to play around with the resolutions. Try tge default one, do u still get the error? You may also try our multiplayer version of Dune2k which comes with support for online play and Windows 7.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your hard work on that game, it's a real pleasure to play Dune 2000 again :-)

I downloaded your latest installer (Dune_2000_Gruntmods_Edition_1.6.1.4.exe) and went through the installation without any issues.

The game works ok but I guess I have an issue with the resolution, my screen is an 24" one and running on 1920x1080.

Everything is small, menus, videos... please see the attached screenshots.

Maybe I missed something, I would really appreciate if you could help me.

My OS is Win7 64 bits.

Many thanks.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your hard work on that game, it's a real pleasure to play Dune 2000 again :-)

I downloaded your latest installer (Dune_2000_Gruntmods_Edition_1.6.1.4.exe) and went through the installation without any issues.

The game works ok but I guess I have an issue with the resolution, my screen is an 24" one and running on 1920x1080.

Everything is small, menus, videos... please see the attached screenshots.

Maybe I missed something, I would really appreciate if you could help me.

My OS is Win7 64 bits.

Many thanks.

I didn't actually get to read your email (somehow got buried in my inbox), in fact the only reason I knew you sent one was because it looked like you copy and pasted the body from gmail.

As to the screenshots you attached in the email ( attached below), the game is actually working properly. Since the screens in the menus and first level are so small, the developers of the High Res patch opted to patch black space to fill the empty screen area. If you play a larger mission it will fill the screen correctly.

post-2335-0-95687600-1402539649_thumb.jp

post-2335-0-31978400-1402539659_thumb.jp

post-2335-0-23497400-1402539674_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...

Version 1.6.1.6 is now available! This version includes proper support for high resolutions, as well as support for online multiplayer through CnCNet. It also includes minor bug fixes for the Rise Of The Mercenaries Campagin and an improved launcher. This is a major upgrade, so at this point we will no longer be supporting older game clients. If you want to get in on the fun, uninstall the game and run the latest version of the installer, which can be found at http://gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/

There is an update being released later today to fix an issue with Mission 1 for all the houses, as well as to push an update in the documentation.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Version 1.6.1.9 is out, users can either update from an existing install or download a fresh installer package. Since I last posted an update here, we upgraded the site to be more fresh and modern (as opposed to the thrown together site of old). We also upgraded the download offerings to include BitTorrent, so those of you with unstable connections can get a steady and uncorrupted download.

You can view the download page here: http://gruntmods.com/?page_id=19 

You can view update notes and manual downloads for all of our updates here: http://gruntmods.com/?cat=12

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I have been thinking about this game lately and was hoping that some other geeks would be keeping it on life support somewhere. Well talk about keeping it alive, WOW! 

Got a full download, with patches and even an editor! mmmm mmmmm hallelujah... mmm hehehe

Muad'Dib and I thank you! :) 

"Every civilization must contend with an unconscious force which can block, betray or countermand almost any conscious intention of the collectivity."

- Tleilaxu Theorem

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the Russian translation (by Siberian_GRemlin, I think)? Apparently it contains edited font files, and I'm trying to add support for that format in a font editor I'm making.

Edited by Nyerguds

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening everyone. I state again I Tried That being the section for the presentation, but I have not found (I apologize in case my oversight Fosse enrome). so I am Direct Directly ici a Problem That I will presents now with dune2000 ... I expose you The Problem:
I have used many times dune2000 On Windows 7 64-bit, but I never Had no problem. but now What CI rigioco On Windows 10 and USES ALT + TAB to RETURN in windows once What then back on dune gives me this Problem:

2ms0t2g.jpg

I resolve to come?
thanks in advance to those who can help me
P.S. = I apologize in advance for my English "noob"

On 12/14/2016 at 10:38 AM, puchu69 said:

Good Evening everyone. I state again I Tried That being the section for the presentation, but I have not found (I apologize in case my oversight Fosse enrome). so I am Direct Directly ici a Problem That I will presents now with dune2000 ... I expose you The Problem:
I have used many times dune2000 On Windows 7 64-bit, but I never Had no problem. but now What CI rigioco On Windows 10 and USES ALT + TAB to RETURN in windows once What then back on dune gives me this Problem:

2ms0t2g.jpg

I resolve to come?
thanks in advance to those who can help me
P.S. = I apologize in advance for my English "noob"

You can set the game to run in windowed mode to work around this.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

I think it's time to enable DxWnd+GDI Mode by default in your installer. I have been playing with it now for some time, it works perfectly. Alt+Tab works too

sure, just PM me the newest version of the CnCNet tools (config tool etc), I'll push an update soon.