Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

Or possibly the resolution?

Possibly, but changing that rarely makes it go away, its usually related to the refresh rate in some way.

In other news, installer 1.6.1.4 is out. It includes all the changes from patch 1.6.1.4, as well as additional support for high res patch installations. Users should no longer have issues with the installation of the patch. The cutscenes are no longer included in the main download, instead they are downloaded by the installer if the user selects them, allowing the file size of the main installer to be reduced from almost 500 mb to 91 mb. Give version 1.6.1.4 a shot and let me know how you enjoy the new survival mode changes and the new mission in Rise of the Mercenaries!

Possibly, but changing that rarely makes it go away, its usually related to the refresh rate in some way.

In other news, installer 1.6.1.4 is out. It includes all the changes from patch 1.6.1.4, as well as additional support for high res patch installations. Users should no longer have issues with the installation of the patch. The cutscenes are no longer included in the main download, instead they are downloaded by the installer if the user selects them, allowing the file size of the main installer to be reduced from almost 500 mb to 91 mb. Give version 1.6.1.4 a shot and let me know how you enjoy the new survival mode changes and the new mission in Rise of the Mercenaries!

I was never able to play survival, it never showed up. 

Hey can no longer start dune 2000 at all. After that last test. it just hangs at a black screen. The only thing different was I installed a update to fix a problem for another game. which required a restart. Errm it turns out  I have to folders one spelled Gruntsmods Studios and one spelled Grunts Mod Studios the latter is the newest one that doesnt work after launching all I get is a blank screen, with not music at all, a void most indescribable. In other words anyone got any help for me? 

Hey can no longer start dune 2000 at all. After that last test. it just hangs at a black screen. The only thing different was I installed a update to fix a problem for another game. which required a restart. Errm it turns out  I have to folders one spelled Gruntsmods Studios and one spelled Grunts Mod Studios the latter is the newest one that doesnt work after launching all I get is a blank screen, with not music at all, a void most indescribable. In other words anyone got any help for me? 

A lot of people are having that issue, it's because the resolution of the game is too big for the monitor. You should be able to press Alt+Tab to switch to a different window. 

It sounds like you had a really old version of the game installer (over 2 years) and it's not working anymore. I would suggest uninstalling that version and grabbing the newest installer ("Gruntmods Studios" should be the newest folder).

A lot of people are having that issue, it's because the resolution of the game is too big for the monitor. You should be able to press Alt+Tab to switch to a different window. 

He is having a different issue.

Hey, first of all thanks for all your work. I stumbled upon this by accident. Nice to see this game still lives thanks to you people.

I have a 64 bit Win and ran the installer and it launches fine. No issues.

Except one. My gameplay screen estate is very tiny. The menu and border seem to fit in right but the main map and the units are sort of in a window surrounded by black border. I looked around here and didn't find anyone with this problem. I appreciate any help thanks.

When you run the installer, simply ensure the check boxes for both "High Res Patch" options are deselected if you wish to install at the default resolution, or just deselect the 1080 option if you want to play at 1024x768. You can also just install the game at the standard resolution and use D2k Sardukars patch manually.

Hey Gruntlord,

I just installed the Dune 2000 onto a Windows 7 comp, it installed fine but when I hit Launch Dune 2000 from the installer nothing happens :( My mouse gets an hourglass for like half-a-second then goes away and nothing happens. Do you have any idea why that might be? I'm DYING to play this!!

Hey Gruntlord,

I just installed the Dune 2000 onto a Windows 7 comp, it installed fine but when I hit Launch Dune 2000 from the installer nothing happens :( My mouse gets an hourglass for like half-a-second then goes away and nothing happens. Do you have any idea why that might be? I'm DYING to play this!!

Not sure, do you have administrator privileges on the computer? It could also be an issue with your antivirus, so you can try disabling that while you run the installer.

Yeah I'm always logged in as admin and I have no anti-virus, like I said it installed just fine it just doesnt launch :( I'm running an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250, not really anything running in the background...I've had some registry issues in the past but not recently, I dont know what it could be. 

Yeah I'm always logged in as admin and I have no anti-virus, like I said it installed just fine it just doesnt launch :( I'm running an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250, not really anything running in the background...I've had some registry issues in the past but not recently, I dont know what it could be. 

right click and select run as administrator from the context menu, does that solve the issue?

When you run the installer, simply ensure the check boxes for both "High Res Patch" options are deselected if you wish to install at the default resolution, or just deselect the 1080 option if you want to play at 1024x768. You can also just install the game at the standard resolution and use D2k Sardukars patch manually.

768p worked thanks. Something's buggy on my end probably as 1080p not working.

Just tried that and the same thing happens, I get a really short hourglass then nothing :( I doubt its an issue with the program, its probably something weird with my computer but i dont know what...

I honestly have never heard of that problem before so I am not sure what the issue is.