Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

ya, its down for maintenance. You can snag the installer from here in the meantime.

the links seem to be broken i would love to be able to play this on win 7 but it flickers like mad and the video is not centered any help with this would be great

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to get LAN multiplayer mode to work on this version?  When I downloaded the other day, the LAN button was missing.  I tried a LAN patch from another thread, but it didn't seem to work on this one.  Any tips?

This should be what you need: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/25128-release-dune-2000-lan-patcher/

• 3 weeks later...

Grunt, i experience some kind of frame rate problem in your game version.

The screen blinks every 3 seconds over and over, any ideas what i can do?.

Try win98 compatibility, and search the technical support section. Or even google

Common issue for graphics card/monitor. If possible try to use a different refresh rate and also avail yourself of a hacked version of SciTech Display Doctor to see if you can get a custom resolution that can work fine (OK then, buy it if it solves the problem and piracy bothers you) .

Try win98 compatibility, and search the technical support section. Or even google

I tested win98 compatibility, didn't help unf, i have some problem with multi-quote on this board, so i wanna inform its actually me i quote below :D

Common issue for graphics card/monitor. If possible try to use a different refresh rate and also avail yourself of a hacked version of SciTech Display Doctor to see if you can get a custom resolution that can work fine (OK then, buy it if it solves the problem and piracy bothers you) .

To get that custom resolution do you mean i must play the game in Virtualbox then? or is it enough to just have the doctor active in the background of win 7? thats the onlyh thing i would accept im afraid.

which graphics card do u use??

try fixing framerate..

Radeon HD 5770

Mine are sett to 60 Hz, highest for 1920x1980 res, so you mean i shall decrease resolution so that i can sett the max 75 Hz 

only when i attemp to play dune?

Radeon HD 5770

Mine are sett to 60 Hz, highest for 1920x1980 res, so you mean i shall decrease resolution so that i can sett the max 75 Hz

only when i attemp to play dune?

well try lowering framerate...

some graphics card has tht prob..

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

The latest update for Dune 2000: Gruntmods Edition is now available. If you click "Check for updates" in the launcher you should be prompted to download the patch to version 1.6.1.2 . If you do not have the launcher, or are not prompted for whatever reason, you can download the patch manually here: http://www.gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/Dune%20Blog/patchnotes.html

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I implemented some version checking on the patches, now it will prevent you from accidentally replacing newer versions of the game with an old patch, as well as letting you know if you need the combined patch. I also made a few minor changes to the actual update program, so it should look a lot cleaner in presentation.

New installer for version 1.6.1.2 . 

-Added option to install High Resolution Patch by D2k Sardaukar and N.Kindt, pre-patched to 1024x768. In the future, other resolution options may be added
-New version checking. Installer will now warn you if you have already installed this version before, and will prevent you from overwriting future versions without uninstalling them.
-New size checking function will record accurate disk usage to be displayed in control panel based on the install options selected
-Updated installer so that installing cutscenes is now optional. Installing the game without cutscenes drastically reduces used disk space.
-Updated game files to version 1.6.1.2, including any changes made in that patch.
-Improved compression. This installer is actually smaller then the last despite having more features and files included!
-Various other minor changes in installation engine to improve performance

Known Issues:
-Sometimes, the installer may appear to hang at a certain action. This is not a problem, just give the installer a minute to finish what it is stuck on and it will resume at normal speed (usually completing the installer in a matter of seconds).

Download: See links in main post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Version 1.6.1.3 is now out. Major changes include an improved launcher with full 32 bit support, as well as the test version of Survival Mode. 

Other changes include:

-Registry fix for tracking if user has high resolution patch installed

-Fixed version number displayed in menu to be accurate

-Fixed minor issue with uninstaller, will now remove desktop shortcut correctly

-Update Program will now close any running instances of the game and launcher

-Added additional error handling to launcher
The launcher will automatically download and install the update when you check for updates, but you can also download it here: http://www.gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/Dune%20Blog/patchnotes.html

• 4 weeks later...

Update 1.6.1.4 is now out. Not only does this update provide bug fixes and redesigned menus for survival mode and Rise of the Mercenaries, it also includes additional content. From new in game music, to a harder survival mode, to new missions, it’s all in this update.

The launcher will automatically download and install the update when you check for updates, but you can also download it and view detailed update notes here: http://www.gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/Dune%20Blog/patchnotes.html

• Upvote 1

So I just download the Grunt mod version of Dune 2000 thinking it would fix the screen flicking every 2 to 4 seconds which I was should of suspected was to fail from the start now that I think about it. I started with the shortcut that has -f - g and it turns the flashing screen flickering into a horizontal line flicker across the screen. I tried turning on V-sync and what not. I read that the cause of this is because of Dune's 25 fps limit? Is this a matter of Gpu or the game itself.

• Upvote 1

So I just download the Grunt mod version of Dune 2000 thinking it would fix the screen flicking every 2 to 4 seconds which I was should of suspected was to fail from the start now that I think about it. I started with the shortcut that has -f - g and it turns the flashing screen flickering into a horizontal line flicker across the screen. I tried turning on V-sync and what not. I read that the cause of this is because of Dune's 25 fps limit? Is this a matter of Gpu or the game itself.

Yes, limiting the frame rate should fix the flickering. I think it is because of the GPU because when I have my graphics card in it runs at super speeds, but interestingly it stops the flickering and when I have it out it runs at normal speeds but it flickers. 

Yes, limiting the frame rate should fix the flickering. I think it is because of the GPU because when I have my graphics card in it runs at super speeds, but interestingly it stops the flickering and when I have it out it runs at normal speeds but it flickers. 

I hear it can also be the monitor as well.