Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

The installer that uses NSIS instead of install shield and I am using norton 360. I am able to get around it by disabling the auto protection on norton 360 for a few minutes it's just annoying that norton would delete it when it's not a virus :(

• 2 weeks later...
I downloaded it from the first thread, this link I don't see a option to add a exception anywhere in norton :(

I also kinda hate norton but it does the job so I just use it :)

There should be an option to add it to the norton exception list.

I just scanned the executable with Microsoft Security Essentials, and it comes up clean. Norton has a high rate of false positives.

• Upvote 1

Just finished the last updates on the patcher, if you tried my NSIS installer before today, I recommend installing the combined patch anyway. Same deal if you ran the combined patch before today, as I modified it code and contents. I also updated the main installer to reflect this.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
thanks for the project.

however i can't play it just because of one problem, the screen flickering :(

i've tried adding -F and -F -G but it doen'st helps. Can anyone help on this?

try playing around with your graphics options if you have an nvidia or ati card in the respective control panel.

thanks for the project.

however i can't play it just because of one problem, the screen flickering :(

i've tried adding -F and -F -G but it doen'st helps. Can anyone help on this?

It's the problem of framerate...

dune 2000 is 25fps...

Most systems are much more or they are set to much more....

Or maybe it's the monitor...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks for the hint, indeed it was a FPS problems. i've used nvidia inspector and forced the fps to a max of 30 and it helps.

The flickering for me made the game virtually unplayable (I suffer migraines) - using nvidia inspector to force the framerate to 30 seems to have fixed the flickering for me too! Woohoo! I can play the game now :)

The flickering for me made the game virtually unplayable (I suffer migraines) - using nvidia inspector to force the framerate to 30 seems to have fixed the flickering for me too! Woohoo! I can play the game now :)

Thanks for the feedback, Ill make sure to note your solution for the help documentation I am working on.

the links seem to be broken i would love to be able to play this on win 7 but it flickers like mad and the video is not centered any help with this would be great

well for me its not flickering tht much..

you might have graphics problem..