Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

Did you try the Gruntlord installer posted somewhere near the top of this page, the link is working when I downloaded. The issue I had, after finding a working installer was when the game reached the main menu the window where you choose to load or start a game etc was blacked out so could not choose any options and to make it better my mouse curser was not show on the screen (using wireless keyboard with built in track pad)

I did try akafedaykin dune2000.exe and I couldn't get that to work, kept giving me some kind of error which I forget and I just couldn't get to install (on xp) I'll have to try on my windows 7 PC but couldn't earlier as my girlfriend was using the TV which the main PC is connected to.

I'm no PC boffin etc but if you get any luck let me know and like wise I shall return the favour

Of course i will tell you about any findings i make. and i also tried the gruntmod edition as well as every other dune 2000 installer, none of them works on my w7 installation. but what is really strange for me is that it works on the w7 installations of every other person i know. maybe its a nvidia gfx card issue, since i also got a nvidia gfx card

Mate I know how you feel, I jus felt kinda nostalgic the other day and fancied a skirmish for a couple of hours which has turns into a small pjectec just trying to get the game to run.

Out of interest which kind of graphic card are you using? I was looking on this site called game debate or something and was looking through min specs for hw stuff and it said that for the kind of one I'm using 'nvidia' the 6200 model was the min spec and I have the fx 5900 which I can only guess is not as good as a 6200.

Perhaps we need to make some upgrades to our systems. I dunno

i doubt any upgrades would make a change for me, since i got a gtx 580 xD. but its interesting to see that although your gfx card is older than mine, it has exactly the same issue, which makes me think that its somehow related to how windows 7 treats nvidia gfx cards in general. all my friends who got dune 2000 to work on w7 got ati/amd cards. between, if you really wanna play dune 2000, you can still do that, though you would have to use the psx version, like i do.

You said u got error while installing. The installer contains a PvPGN server which gives error if u dont have westwood shared components in C:/westwood. But the installer will extract the game to the specified area (unless u are talking about a different error). Just click OK and ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...

I hae installed this version on windows 7 and can not get it to work. i have tried everything suggested in this forum. i love this game and would love to play it please someone help me figure out what to do

ps. i have a windows 7 64 bit and i have got the game to work but it has a split screen and the colors in the game are blurry where you cant tell what you are doing

You have no idea how pleased I am right now! I got it to work on my windows 7 PC using an unmodded game version, I had to use drivers for windows vista for my graphics card and manually install them. Thanks for all who helped

You have no idea how pleased I am right now! I got it to work on my windows 7 PC using an unmodded game version, I had to use drivers for windows vista for my graphics card and manually install them. Thanks for all who helped

Great to hear this. Could you tell me the driver version, maybe it will work for my graphics card too?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alot of people are having problems with Vista and Windows 7 running the installer, or cracker due to being 64 bit or some other problem.

I have solved this problem by preparing an installer which SHOULD be compatible with all systems. The only thing I didn`t do is digitally sign it, so while its not Officially Windows 7/Vista compatible, it should still work perfect.

It has all of the Westwood patches, has all the movies, and the cd check has been removed.

Download the Dune 2000: Gruntmods Edition version 1.5 Installer:

Click Here

Download the patches :Click Here

The best way to contact me for support, is by emailing support@gruntmods.com

Updated to fix errors with links, support email address now works properly.

Hi,

I just tried this and when i try and play it just says " File not found bin\Colours.bin "

Hi,

I just tried this and when i try and play it just says " File not found bin\Colours.bin "

Not 100% sure on this error, ill dig around my email logs in a bit and see if I found a resolution to this before.

Edit: Didn't see anything, but try downloading and reinstalling the game and see if that fixes the issue, you may just be missing the file it needs in your installation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why wht happened?

Someone hosting for me is having issues covering server costs. It will be back in a bit.

I have a new installer I spent a few hours scripting last night, it has D2K+ as well as the actual game inside (you can whether you want to install D2K+ or not) with all patches applied. It uses NSIS Installer instead of installshield, so not only is it a lot less shady in a legal sense for me to use, it's actually a lot more flexible on my end.

This is a pretty important switch for me, as I'm actually planning on switching to this system to deploy patches as well (it can be very flexible in patch deployment).

Please uninstall the existing installation after backing up your save files, and try out this one. Please note that the Uninstaller will delete all files in the Gruntmods Studios/(D2k+ and Dune 2000) sub directories, so backup all files that are important in this folder when you want to uninstall.

Click Here

• 2 weeks later...