Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

:O i think i may have found a solution while googling myself an answer to my problem with my windows 7 i came upon a post in a website here with a file that cracked the game heres what the person said:

I have the same problem regarding Dune 2000 being stuck on the first stage. This usually happens if you try to reproduce the Cd or transform the game into a virtual cd or ISO.I have done some researching and experiments and thus lead me to play Dune on windows XP here's how:

1st>>> INSTALL THE GAME

2ND>>> COPY MOVIES ON YOUR DUNE DIRECTORY/DATA

EX: WESTWOOD/DUNE2000/DATA/

3RD>>> UPGRADE TO PATCH 1.06

4TH>>> COPY THE CRACK FOUND HERE

http://rapidshare.com/files/48306814/Dune_2000_v1_1_.06.zip

4TH>>> EDIT THE FILENAME resource.cfg and open it to notepad.... EDIT THE PATH WHERE YOU PLACED THE MOVIES DIRECTORY

5TH>>> BACKUP ORIGINAL DUNE.EXE FILE

6TH>>> CRACK THE GAME AND HAVE FUN

After trying what this user suggested my game no longer have the chance of having the game crash with that sound crash that had eva for example say "Base under Attack ack ack ack ack ack".

I didnt have movies for the game so i skipped the 2nd step and the step of editing resource.cfg

I hope this helps u :]

Or run my installer and have it do it all for you, as well as managing to install the game with all the official patches from the start.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm downloading the portable version. Thank you very much. I'm curious of the survival mode ;)

UPDATE:

My AVG thinks 2 files from this pack are infected + the game wants internet connection right on start - strange I would say.

But anyway, I have the same issue as before, the screen flickers. I tried compatibility modes without any progress.

Hello mates, I just registed in this Forum. Just wanted to say great job your doing keeping this Legend Games alive!

About Dune, I'm a huge Fan, first game I've played. I have Windows 7 so I am having problems Installing the Game due to the Incompabilities. I would appreciate someone would provide me the Link Files to download when Grundlord6 is successed!

Thank you in advance,

Hoodoo

I'm downloading the portable version. Thank you very much. I'm curious of the survival mode ;)

UPDATE:

My AVG thinks 2 files from this pack are infected + the game wants internet connection right on start - strange I would say.

But anyway, I have the same issue as before, the screen flickers. I tried compatibility modes without any progress.

Its a multi-player game, the files are clean.

I don't understand what's wrong. The links are still down.

Most of the site is up, but the databases need to be restored and the installer needs to be uploaded again. The installer is being uploaded as I type this.

whenever i click on any of the links to go to the download page or the patch page (this includes the link in you signiture) i get a 404-server error.... this is actually the first forum ive ever been to about something like this that was kinda up to date, so im not worried about bumping this post. so any word on when the site wont be having sever error's?

whenever i click on any of the links to go to the download page or the patch page (this includes the link in you signiture) i get a 404-server error.... this is actually the first forum ive ever been to about something like this that was kinda up to date, so im not worried about bumping this post. so any word on when the site wont be having sever error's?

Doing some work on the server so it can host multiplayer d2k games. no eta.

• 2 weeks later...

Running Winoz 7, Dune 2000 installed and runs fine from CD, my problem is when I put Dune on Taskbar to check mail etc, when I pull it back up to continue playing the sound works fine. But, screen is totally blank. So have to listen to my bases being destroyed, and lose game, or abandon game and start again, I currently save the game exit then have to reload and go back to it, it works, but it would be so much quicker and easier if I could put it on the task bar then just pull it back up again. Any ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Gruntlord! I´m having problems with the game though. The screen splits in about 1/3 and 2/3 in gameplay and menues, not in movies. Do you know how to fix the problem? I am desperate, Dune 2000 is my all time favourite game! :D

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the link Gruntlord! I´m having problems with the game though. The screen splits in about 1/3 and 2/3 in gameplay and menues, not in movies. Do you know how to fix the problem? I am desperate, Dune 2000 is my all time favourite game! :D

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

If you have an nvida or ATI graphics card, play around with the settings in the control center for dune 2000 and adjust the resolution. If you are using an intel integrated graphics chipset, there is not much you can do.

• 1 month later...