Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

As I said a million times you could try through emulation (VMWare, QEMU,etc). A Windows 95 virtual machine isn't hard to make and suffices. Google: 'Windows 95 VM'. If you are lucky enough you might find one to download and avoid the trouble of installing it. Here are some instructions:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/applications/1022-digiex-exclusive-premade-windows-98-virtual-machine-use-older-games.html

It says that Red Alert works, so I guess that Dune 2000 will also work.

@ Athanasios - Thanks for your reminder and all, but I could not navigate to your link.

@ All - Finding myself unwilling to pay $100 for an upgrade Win7 Home Premium to Win7 pro, I searched for a free alternative 'Virtual Machine' and came across this:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html

Oracle VM allowed me to re-install a valid version Win XP which I still owned and had a product key for. After some tweaking I did get GruntLords mod to work which brings me to:

@ Gruntlord6- Thanks again for a great mod - now I find myself happily spending time shooting up rouge sand worms. Cheers!

@ Athanasios - Thanks for your reminder and all, but I could not navigate to your link.

@ All - Finding myself unwilling to pay $100 for an upgrade Win7 Home Premium to Win7 pro, I searched for a free alternative 'Virtual Machine' and came across this:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html

Oracle VM allowed me to re-install a valid version Win XP which I still owned and had a product key for. After some tweaking I did get GruntLords mod to work which brings me to:

@ Gruntlord6- Thanks again for a great mod - now I find myself happily spending time shooting up rouge sand worms. Cheers!

Glad you solved the issue, enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition Patch 1.5.1 released.

All future patch notes (along with the notes from this patch) will be located here.

Simply place the patch file in your dune 2000 directory ( C:\Program Files\Grunt Mods Studios\Dune 2000 by default) and run it. Tell it to replace all files that currently exist (click replace all) and it will finish patching.

Alot of people are having problems with Vista and Windows 7 running the installer, or cracker due to being 64 bit or some other problem.

I have solved this problem by preparing an installer which SHOULD be compatible with all systems. The only thing I didn`t do is digitally sign it, so while its not Officially Windows 7/Vista compatible, it should still work perfect.

It has all of the Westwood patches, has all the movies, and the cd check has been removed.

Download the Dune 2000: Gruntmods Edition version 1.5 Installer:

Click Here

Download the latest patch (Patch 1.5.1) :Click Here

I tried to install the files that you recomendet but it didin´t work. The installion came to half when an error massage came and said that a file or something where missing.

Do you know what the problem is? I have windows 7 32-bit.

And I didin´t know what I should do when I install file if I should pick modify, repair and so on but I have tried all of them and it still don´t work.

Anyone know what the problem is?

I tried to install the files that you recomendet but it didin´t work. The installion came to half when an error massage came and said that a file or something where missing.

Do you know what the problem is? I have windows 7 32-bit.

And I didin´t know what I should do when I install file if I should pick modify, repair and so on but I have tried all of them and it still don´t work.

Anyone know what the problem is?

So let me see if I understand, you ran the installer and it had an error? What was the exact error? Could you take a screenshot of it?

• 4 weeks later...
I have also taken

the liberty of bundling the editor in the latest patch, as well as the installer for Dune 20000: GruntMods Edition. New users can choose from the install

menu if they want to install the editor (the old installer is still availible incase you need to do a repair install on an older version). Beyond that, both

installers are the same. Since the new level updates are not included in the installer, you will still want to run the patches.

This was why the installer was corrupted, it was being uploaded to the server with the new features.

I suggest everyone install the latest patches.

http://www.gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/Dune%20Blog/patchnotes.html

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of people are having problems with Vista and Windows 7 running the installer, or cracker due to being 64 bit or some other problem.

I have solved this problem by preparing an installer which SHOULD be compatible with all systems. The only thing I didn`t do is digitally sign it, so while its not Officially Windows 7/Vista compatible, it should still work perfect.

It has all of the Westwood patches, has all the movies, and the cd check has been removed.

Download the Dune 2000: Gruntmods Edition version 1.5 Installer:

Click Here

Download the latest patch (Patch 1.5.1) :Click Here

I downloaded the file (took over an hour) and installed it i believe. I can't find where it went to play the game. I tried putting my disc in but it says it can't perform the setup.exe. I thought I downloaded the whole game so the disc wasn't needed, but I can't find it anywhere. Did a search and found two Dune 2000 items One was the latest patch ( i tried that first) the second item was the Dune 2000 game but i can't get it open. Any help please.

I downloaded the file (took over an hour) and installed it i believe. I can't find where it went to play the game. I tried putting my disc in but it says it can't perform the setup.exe. I thought I downloaded the whole game so the disc wasn't needed, but I can't find it anywhere. Did a search and found two Dune 2000 items One was the latest patch ( i tried that first) the second item was the Dune 2000 game but i can't get it open. Any help please.

I replied to your email address, but here is what I sent:

The game is installed to "C:\Program Files\Grunt Mods Studios\Dune 2000" without the quotes. If you are running 64bit windows, it will be installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grunt Mods Studios\Dune 2000".

Thank you for contacting support! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

i just downloaded Dune 2000 from Gruntlord6's website and the program works perfectly in my Windows 7 64 bit PC. Great job! I really, really appreciate it. I'm happy that I can play Dune 2000 again. Keep up the great work. cheesy.gif

no problem, server support is being added once I test the server and ensure it is working.

• 3 weeks later...

The patch link appears to be broken. Also, I'm getting a weird issue when I try and play it... It worked just fine last night, but now when I try to play it, none of the videos or music play properly, and when it gets to the map screen, it doesn't completely finish all of its animation... It fills in the territory colors just fine, but then it never brings up the load/save/cancel buttons, and it doesn't let me select a territory,

The patch link appears to be broken. Also, I'm getting a weird issue when I try and play it... It worked just fine last night, but now when I try to play it, none of the videos or music play properly, and when it gets to the map screen, it doesn't completely finish all of its animation... It fills in the territory colors just fine, but then it never brings up the load/save/cancel buttons, and it doesn't let me select a territory,

That is weird, what have you done since you last launched it?

The patch link works fine.

• Upvote 1

That is weird, what have you done since you last launched it?

The patch link works fine.

That's just the thing, I've only shut down and rebooted. Haven't changed any files or modified any system settings or anything. It started working again a little while ago, so it seems to just be something that happens at random...

Anyways, when I go to download the patch, I just get a message saying that "/Dune_2000/Dune/Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition/Update.exe was not found on this server." I mean, I can download Dune 2000.msi just fine, but not Update.exe

That's just the thing, I've only shut down and rebooted. Haven't changed any files or modified any system settings or anything. It started working again a little while ago, so it seems to just be something that happens at random...

Anyways, when I go to download the patch, I just get a message saying that "/Dune_2000/Dune/Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition/Update.exe was not found on this server." I mean, I can download Dune 2000.msi just fine, but not Update.exe

use the patch link in the OP.

:O i think i may have found a solution while googling myself an answer to my problem with my windows 7 i came upon a post in a website here with a file that cracked the game heres what the person said:

I have the same problem regarding Dune 2000 being stuck on the first stage. This usually happens if you try to reproduce the Cd or transform the game into a virtual cd or ISO.I have done some researching and experiments and thus lead me to play Dune on windows XP here's how:

1st>>> INSTALL THE GAME

2ND>>> COPY MOVIES ON YOUR DUNE DIRECTORY/DATA

EX: WESTWOOD/DUNE2000/DATA/

3RD>>> UPGRADE TO PATCH 1.06

4TH>>> COPY THE CRACK FOUND HERE

http://rapidshare.com/files/48306814/Dune_2000_v1_1_.06.zip

4TH>>> EDIT THE FILENAME resource.cfg and open it to notepad.... EDIT THE PATH WHERE YOU PLACED THE MOVIES DIRECTORY

5TH>>> BACKUP ORIGINAL DUNE.EXE FILE

6TH>>> CRACK THE GAME AND HAVE FUN

After trying what this user suggested my game no longer have the chance of having the game crash with that sound crash that had eva for example say "Base under Attack ack ack ack ack ack".

I didnt have movies for the game so i skipped the 2nd step and the step of editing resource.cfg

I hope this helps u :]