Windows 7 or Vista Problems?

Gruntlord6

Do you know of a version witch include LAN over tcp/ip? As far as i can tell multiplayer -> lan is disabled in your version.

Thats correct, westwood online is not included, though it is high demand so it will be made as a separate installer.

• 2 weeks later...

i have windows 7 but it says :

This program cannot update the installed version of DUNE 2000 because of the following reason:

C:PROGRAM FILESWESTWOODDUNE 2000DataUI_DATAtext.uib:

unknown version.

I don't understand this error

restart and try again with a fresh download.

Alot of people are having problems with Vista and Windows 7 running the installer, or cracker due to being 64 bit or some other problem.

I have solved this problem by preparing an installer which SHOULD be compatible with all systems. The only thing I didn`t do is digitally sign it, so while its not Officially Windows 7/Vista compatible, it should still work perfect.

Its fully patched to version 1.06, has all the movies, and the cd check has been removed.

MD5 Checksum: C65053F95F0448FABE4902C6E01E7DCB

http://dune.gruntmods.com/Dune%202000.msi

ok guys patch is up.

Grab it here: http://dune.gruntmods.com/Update.exe

New Patch adds auto update feature, check back for information about the upcoming update, or follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dune-2000Rise-of-The-Mercenaries/330753331444?ref=ts

Dude the links dont work just says leave website and cant do anything

please post a working 1 or remove the forum thread

• 2 weeks later...

I have some serious problems to get this game starting. To help u with information i will write some things.

1. Using windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

2. Updated drivers for my graphic card which is Radeon HD 4870x2

3. Tried compatibility modes like windows 98/me with 256 colours and other ways.

4. Updated the game to the latest version with sucess (everything downloaded through this thread)

5- Also tried to alter the virtual memory and restart the comp without any sucess

6. Starts the game and just a black screen and no sounds or anything, flickers for a second then this message box comes up saying "Blt - An exception was encountered while performing the requested operation. [ gGameticks = 0 ]" Then i press ok and thats the end of the story. Doesn't work on Windows 7...

7. Installed msvbvm50 (VB runtime) and same message comes up.

8.1 Last thing, i will write what my failure document says:

"Dune 2000 requires a 256 colour desktop to run.

This video card does not support the required modes.

Insufficient RAM and/or Virtual Memory.  Check Virtual Memory settings and disk space to ensure at least 12Mb is avilable.

File not found

Please reinstall"

8.2 As i said before, i tried with 256 and altered the virtual memory on the C disc where dune is located. File not found? What the hell does that mean? Reinstall, well ofc i tried that, i can try it just to be sure again. Video card not supported? Maybe thats the problem? I also tried compatibility 98/me with 256 colours and run in 640*480 resolution and without sucess ofc.

Maybe i have tried something that i havent mentioned but i hope that someone can help me with this since im eager to play this old game again.

I would actually suggest using the oldest drivers you can find, and if that fails try to using the graphics built into your motherboard.

If im using the integrated graphics on my motherboard, doesnt that mean i have to uninstall and remove my radeon card?

If im using the integrated graphics on my motherboard, doesnt that mean i have to uninstall and remove my radeon card?

yes, which is why I suggested you try downgrading the drivers first. If you can manually set the game resolution on your computer, set it to 640X800.

yes, which is why I suggested you try downgrading the drivers first. If you can manually set the game resolution on your computer, set it to 640X800.

I will try the driver, if that doesnt work. I give up. This game is fun and nostalgic, played dune 2 for the amiga many many times and even through emulator on windows but this game is not worth it to uninstall graphic card and shit. I rather play starcraft 2 beta then... And its strange that some old games that hasent even been updated works perfectly on new machines and some old games is a pain to get working. ID softwares Doom, allways runs on any OS and stuff, great work there.

Thanks for the tips anyway.

Unbelievable, it worked to install the oldest driver from the webpage of radeon (amd). How come? Can u explain that? So if i install the latest now, it will probably crash again?

yup, they always ditch older games so newer ones will work better.

yup, they always ditch older games so newer ones will work better.

How sad, i have been playing for a couple of days now without problems but now suddenly it stopped working. Even with a fresh  restart of the computer or trying compatibility modes makes it work again... Dident change anything and bang it stopped working... Getting the same message as before gGameticks = 0  >:( >:(

How sad, i have been playing for a couple of days now without problems but now suddenly it stopped working. Even with a fresh  restart of the computer or trying compatibility modes makes it work again... Dident change anything and bang it stopped working... Getting the same message as before gGameticks = 0  >:( >:(

try a fresh install

try a fresh install

I thought of that but i want to know where the gamesaves are stored?

C:Program FilesGrunt Mods StudiosDune 2000gamesave

It's empty and i checked "C:UsersProphallusDocumentsMy Games" becuse sometimes games stores them there but not this one.

I dont want to restart the Atreides campaign, just got to the last mission =/.

I thought of that but i want to know where the gamesaves are stored?

C:Program FilesGrunt Mods StudiosDune 2000gamesave

It's empty and i checked "C:UsersProphallusDocumentsMy Games" becuse sometimes games stores them there but not this one.

I dont want to restart the Atreides campaign, just got to the last mission =/.

C:Program Files (x86)Grunt Mods StudiosDune 2000GameSave

on my computer thats where it is (I'm 64 bit)