May as well try you guys: BSOD

Vista 32-bit.

Error Code:

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0X81D570E6, 0X93EEFBAC, 0X00000000)

Computer powers and boots up fine. Upon attempting to load Vista in any manner results the loading screen, followed by a blank, black screen, then the BSOD. Attempting to boot/recover from the Disc result in a freeze after the initial load/ing.

No recent Hardware changes.

Testing of the Virtual memory via removal (booting on one stick at a time) has the same results.

Anything else to try? Anyone have a clear/er translation of my BSOD error message codes?

that stop code by itself doesn't say much, is there more info on the error BSOD?

it's a nasty bsod I can tell you that.. what caused it... not sure....

are you 100% sure you cannot get into it through safemode (assuming vista still gives you multiple safemode options).. if you can get on it there might be some information to be found in the crash dumps (or even in the event viewer)...

How about using on-board graphics to boot?

No on-board.  :-

that stop code by itself doesn't say much, is there more info on the error BSOD?

it's a nasty bsod I can tell you that.. what caused it... not sure....

are you 100% sure you cannot get into it through safemode (assuming vista still gives you multiple safemode options).. if you can get on it there might be some information to be found in the crash dumps (or even in the event viewer)...

That is the only information given by the BSOD.

And absolutely positive. Every single boot option has been tried, tried and tried again.

I'm beginning to contemplate simply setting the rig ablaze.

Could be that your drive is dying.  If you have a spare PC (which it seems like you do) download Hitachi Drive Fitness.  Insert a blank floppy and run the program - it'll create a bootable diskette.  Take the disk out when it's done, pop it into your borked PC, then head to the BIOS and make sure that you're booting from floppy first.  Getting into the BIOS is normally a case of hitting F2, F10, DEL or something similar while the computer POSTs (with all the white writing on the black background).  There should be an option in there to choose first boot device - make sure it's set to floppy, then save and exit.

When you boot into Hitachi Drive Fitness, choose ATA mode only, then run a full test.  If it comes back with the result 0x00, then your drive is fine.  Any other code and you need to post here telling me what it is.

I would also recommend getting MemTest86+ to check your RAM properly.  You can burn that ISO directly to a CD, then go back into the BIOS and choose CD-ROM as the first boot device.  Let it do a good 4 or 5 passes over all of your RAM to make sure there are no errors, and act accordingly if there are.

Good luck. :)

Could be that your drive is dying.  If you have a spare PC (which it seems like you do) download Hitachi Drive Fitness.  Insert a blank floppy and run the program - it'll create a bootable diskette.  Take the disk out when it's done, pop it into your borked PC, then head to the BIOS and make sure that you're booting from floppy first.  Getting into the BIOS is normally a case of hitting F2, F10, DEL or something similar while the computer POSTs (with all the white writing on the black background).  There should be an option in there to choose first boot device - make sure it's set to floppy, then save and exit.

When you boot into Hitachi Drive Fitness, choose ATA mode only, then run a full test.  If it comes back with the result 0x00, then your drive is fine.  Any other code and you need to post here telling me what it is.

I assume burning said program to a CD or DVD would be acceptable. I don't think in terms such as "Floppy Disc" any longer.  ;)

I would also recommend getting MemTest86+ to check your RAM properly.  You can burn that ISO directly to a CD, then go back into the BIOS and choose CD-ROM as the first boot device.  Let it do a good 4 or 5 passes over all of your RAM to make sure there are no errors, and act accordingly if there are.

Aye, Memtest was the planned next step for the Virtual Memory... I admittedly dropped the ball on that one, and forgot.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the Clutch response!

If you get the issue in what ever boot sequence (including save mode), save to say it's not a driver issue.

I'm suprised it the BSOD doesn't provide more detail in regards to the issue though. It usually states what

the issue may be.

You state no recent hardware changes, but what about software changes ?

Do you have any software installed from Trend Micro (anti virus) ? If so, try uninstalling it.

1) Click Start , and then click Control Panel.

2) Double-click Add or Remove Programs.

3) Click PC

• 11 months later...

Not to Necro this thread, but if anyone was curious I did find the culprit. One of my water-cooling lines had sprung a nearly imperceptible leak, resulting initially in some corroded sockets, then a fried board. Lesson learned? Don't cheap out and craigslist components.....

And a late "Thanks again!" gentlemen.

Not to Necro this thread, but if anyone was curious I did find the culprit. One of my water-cooling lines had sprung a nearly imperceptible leak, resulting initially in some corroded sockets, then a fried board. Lesson learned? Don't cheap out and craigslist components.....

And a late "Thanks again!" gentlemen.

lol, good to hear you figured it out.