Damn, Atreides are good! ;D

Phyrex

Also Minotaurus is much slower and more dear. Also it's rate of fire isn't very good. Ordos' Kobra is better. More armor, good firerate...

Laser tank has greater range than Mongoose. You can see, Atreides is based on infantry and Sonic Tanks.

Hey Corrino. Back again?

But watch your Kobra. They have a shorter range then the Mino. And the Mino does have a longer range then the Laser Tank.

And the Atreides have a lack of fast and at the same time strong vehicles. But they have an excellent fire support...

Strange, you saw that in the rules.txt? Cause I can let my Mino's fire at Kobra's at equal ground without being under fire by the Kobra

And if I try to outrange the Mino with my Kobra it won't work...

minos have the second longest range of any ground unit ~(hark catapult the longest)~ if u deploy a kobra on flat ground then select a mino that is well out of range to fire the mino will walk until just in range and then fire the kobra WILL NOT be in range don't know by how far  

next time i am ordos i will get the force fire cursor up so i know how far short i am... 8)

Well, another strange thing about range. What counts for all units. When they are guarding, it looks like they have a larger range then when attacking. Like:

When you are at the sand at the edge of a cliff. And you let them guard, they attack the buildings in their range. But when you tell to attack them, they will move around the cliffs to get to their target... Maybe it is also with the Mino and the Kobra. That the Mino have a bigger range when they are guarding. And when they are attacking they have the same range as the Kobra...

that has to do with the moving Timemn.  When minos are moving they take longer to fire, and they don't usually fire as far.  For instance, if i select a mino and tell that mino to attack a building, if the mino isn't already attacking something else it will fire on the building as soon as it's in range.  If the mino was attacking something else it will continue walking to the building and fire as soon as it's reloaded

If i just stop the mino while it is attacking something else, then tell it to attack the building it will fire as soon as it is in range (all things being equal, like no obstructions, level ground, etc)

Note also the range on slopes increases even for the sonic tank. Reason being that the sonic actually fires downwards, and so its range is lowered slightly by the fact that it fires into the ground and the wave diappears. But on a slope, this does not happen, so the sonic tank improves its range.

• 2 months later...