What are you eating right now?

Dunenewt

How do YOU take it?

Well, sometimes I have it black, usually when I'm trying to wake myself up in the mornings, in which case I also add some cinnamon, so I can pretend I'm a Fremen (or I just like the taste), during the day, I have it with milk and sugar, and when I'm trying to stay up at night, I have it strong, with chocolate spread (Nutella) melted in.

Like namp, I also like coffee ice cream and yoghurt.  I can't find any coffee ice cream over here, but coffee yoghurt has recently become available, as has Chai Latte yoghurt, which is rather nice.

I must have missed this one when you started it back in December. Oh, 'Newt ... this is just so sad ... a "what are you eating right now" thread?! :'(

Are you Tony over on alt.fan.dune, by any chance? :P

A giant bowlcup of milkcoffee and a slice of toast. Breakies.

(By the way, clean out yer inbox, laddy!)

Well, I've seen it over at other forums, and some quite interesting recipes came up.  I was also hoping some Dune related ones would come up. 

I'm Dunenewt on the alt.fan.dune, but haven't been there in ages, and only posted a couple of times.

I will clear up the inbox now!

I think they sell that brand in Edeka, I'll have a look later.

My favourite brand of ice cream is Langage Farm, which is a local one for me (in England), but I doubt anyone else has had it, although I know the local Tesco stocks it.

7/11 sells h

it's been dead for 2 years....

well its not my fault that you havent cooked anything for 2 years . maybe its the economy crisis or something .

but anyway u guys are right . lets refresh the taste .

food is a very interesting subject to talk about , specially with people from different countries .

they say it reveals a lot of a person personality and mental stats .

it has always amazed me haw some nations developed its recipes over 1000s of years like china and India

while other nations like America  havnt had all that time to pick their right ingredients  but they still

own  in the new age  and make things like Kentucky fried chicken and McDonald . ex... and invade

the food market all over the world . i stopped eating my country  native food  long time ago and i

eat in American restaurant regularly .  

i think most of the younger youth here doing the same and even more around the world .

some of our Arabic kitchen  recipes that had lived for long long years are so complicated to make

that even my mother sucks at making it lol  .

i still like it but i wouldnt  even imagine trying to cook it or shop for its massive ingredients .

maybe the older age people had more time and passion to make it a way of having fun just

like we do with games and tv  these days ?

I ate a lifesavers peppermint.

I can't eat seafood or chicken, so my two nights in Tokyo I spent eating at the hotel restaraunt or MacDonalds the day when I was out.  I hate MacDonalds, but it doesn't make me quite as sick as fish.

Damn. :(

So that kills sushi & sashimi and yakitori and karaage and ... probably about half of Japanese cuisine for you.

I am really sorry to hear that. Reminds me of a uni friend who came over here for two years to teach English. She was a vegetarian and thought she would find a tofu & veggie paradise.

She hated it. May have even returned to the States earlier than scheduled, IIRC.

Still, there's plenty of beef & pork dishes you could have tried...

Damn. :(

So that kills sushi & sashimi and yakitori and karaage and ... probably about half of Japanese cuisine for you.

I am really sorry to hear that. Reminds me of a uni friend who came over here for two years to teach English. She was a vegetarian and thought she would find a tofu & veggie paradise.

She hated it. May have even returned to the States earlier than scheduled, IIRC.

Still, there's plenty of beef & pork dishes you could have tried...

Yeah, but there was still the communication problem and we were only there on a two night layover from Sydney, so we didn't get to do any touring either (other than an afternoon in Akihabara because a Japanese couple we met in New Zealand told us it was a good place to go).  Money wise, we were pretty tapped out at that point.  Which is why my first job back home was as a sandwhich artist at the nearest subway.  My B.A. really came in handy there!

yes sand that was a quick and  accurate reply , by the way u spelled it i think u have some knowledge of this aria

of the world

but to explain to the rest . ful means  broad bean and its the national dish because its very healthy and easy

to make if u are in a hurry for work or need a lite dinner but rarely its the main meal , which is lunch .

medames means cooked into very high levels of heat by using a special steam pot . that rarely exist in homes

so we get it from the ful  restaurant . 

its cooked alone without adding anything to it and the massive heat would melt it to a paste .

then u can just grab a piece of bread and soak it in the dish before eating it .

but just before that . after we get it hot from the resturant we add hot olive oil and salt

and cumin .

here is some images to the boiling pot and the dish and the bread . u can see haw its melted .

it can be made in sandwiches also .

farmersmktbeans3.th.jpg

46030922.th.jpg

136br9.th.jpg

29781png.th.jpg

I always went for the cheesy baked beans option.

Regular (non instant I mean) oatmeal for breakfast, peanut butter sandwhich for lunch (If I had lunch) and the cheapest pasta and sauce I could find for supper.  Around 99 cents a day.  If I felt like something different, the expired pork chops from the grocery store were cheap.

Oh, and pickles.

Ah, the reduced to clear fridge, even in Germany it is my saviour.  Unfortunately, it means today I have to eat cheese and ham sandwiches (various kinds of cheese and ham), because that was all that was reduced last time.