Climategate

But surely you agree that going green helps us in other ways?

Green has no benefits. Take my province for example, before we started sorting garbage there were 20 dumps/landfills. Now there are like 4. Won't someone think of the landfills!?

The climategate emails prove that going green is pointless. Global warming is a hoax so that means we can pollute as much as we want, with no adverse side affects, and our economies grow much faster. The earth is getting warmer due to natural reasons, so that means we don't have to worry about it.

/though anyone banning incandescent light bulb is stupid, because if CFL is so much better then people will use it. And LED is going to replace CFL in several years anyways. LED has already replaced normal LCD tvs.

• 5 weeks later...

I am not going to argue if global warming is man made or not. But the fact is that temperature is increasing. Winter here and it is like spring time. Every year is getting warmer and warmer. Who can deny this?

I agree with Andrew in most points.

The big deal is the 'pie'.

As long as there could be no profit from GW nobody 'high' cared for it. Now that they see they can use GW to drain our pockets they do care. Greedy businessmen and corrupt politicians found a way to appear as the saviors of our planet.

* We have the latest model of car, TV, phone, ... One day they will reach the wall. The solution? Invent something to lure the consumers to believe that it is necessary to buy. 'Let's go green'.

* Green Taxes.

* Photovoltaics (IMO, = garbage technology).

* Planting of trees (It is an irony that those who take the lead to such plantings are the ones who built their villas inside the forest cutting age old trees).  :-X

Oh well fine.

But what are the odds of ALL those 12,944,000 scientists assembling spontaneously in one location and ALL having a pen with which to sign a petition? Huh?  Answer me that, mister smarty pants statistician person!

Nyah! :P

;D

That diagram's weird... there's proportionally more women scientists than men? Really? I mean bravo if there are, but... Really?

Also it doesn't say that the rest necessarily agree. Neither does a degree in Computer or Mathematical sciences give you an elevated opinion on climate change.

That's a terrible diagram! [Edit: I read it out of context. The designers admit it doesn't show the rest agree. Still don't like it though!]

But it doesn't show that anyway. What if all the people who have actually researched it are that minority and the rest are just basing their opinions on the same sources as the rest of us? I mean what does a computer scientist know about anything outside of computers?

That's actually deliberate. The idea is that "carbon offsetting" comes into play, with the losses caused by said villas or whatever being 'paid for' by creating more carbon storage elsewhere. It's not a great idea, but it's better than nothing.

Those taking the lead in planting often are not interested for 'paying for' the damage they do themselves (which they try to hide) but to appear 'green' so they can grab more 'green' funds from the EU. It is their pocket they are interested in.

If those funds were given to those who really care about the environment we would have far better results.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for going off topic, but would anybody else agree that the "gate" attachment to political scandals has been used far too much? Especially from people like Keith Olbermann? Ahh it doesnt matter anyways.

sorry for going off topic, but would anybody else agree that the "gate" attachment to political scandals has been used far too much? Especially from people like Keith Olbermann? Ahh it doesnt matter anyways.

As if yet another minor event needed to have -gate appended to it... There have been more exciting scandals than Watergate.

:)

• 5 months later...

Necromancy time.

The third and final report due on the leaked emails has reached it's conclusion. Like the first two, it criticises various individuals and groups for their reluctance to share data clearly. And like the first two, it completely exonerates everyone involved of any misrepresentation or malpractice.

Three for three, ladies.

Necromancy time.

The third and final report due on the leaked emails has reached it's conclusion. Like the first two, it criticises various individuals and groups for their reluctance to share data clearly. And like the first two, it completely exonerates everyone involved of any misrepresentation or malpractice.

Three for three, ladies.

Goes to show what can happen the 'fix' is in.